Aeros Fall to SenatorsMay 11, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) Akron Aeros
The first-place Aeros (22-10) are now 14-5 at Canal Park on the season. The loss drops the Aeros to 3-2 on the current seven-game homestand.
The Senators (18-13) sparked their offense by scoring three runs in the second inning. Harrisburg catcher Sandy Leon smacked a two-run double to get the attack going. Chris McConnell added an RBI single to extend to a 3-0 lead after two innings. Eury Perez, Tim Pahuta, Chris Rahl, and Leon all recorded multi-hit games for Harrisburg.
Aeros starter Steven Wright (3-2) went 3 1/3 innings, but left with an injury shortly after Chris Rahl lined a pitch off the Aeros righthander. Jose De La Torre came on in relief and allowed two runs in the fourth, both of which were charged to Wright. Wright gave up five total runs, three earned, allowing five hits and two walks while striking out three. The Senators tacked on three more runs off De La Torre in the fifth.
Rosenbaum (5-0) cruised through seven shutout innings, thwarting the Aeros attack. He scattered just four hits, walking one and striking out six. Rosenbaum further extended his lead in innings pitched in the Eastern League, with 50.2 innings in his seven starts.
The Aeros finally got on the board in the ninth inning, when Ryan Rohlinger drove home Chun Chen on a sacrifice fly.
With the loss, the Aeros now hold a five-game lead in the Eastern League Western Division. Harrisburg moves into second-place with their win and have a 1.5 game lead over third-place Richmond.
Akron will take on Harrisburg again Saturday night at 6:05. The Aeros send RHP Paolo Espino (0-0, 0.00 in 6 IP) to the mound to face RHP Rob Gilliam (1-3, 4.28) of the Senators. Saturday's game will include a special appearance from ZOOperstars! Don't miss their zany on field antics that will entertain kids of all ages! All Aeros games are broadcast on Fox Sports 1350 AM and online at www.akronaeros.com. For more information, please call the Aeros at 330-253-5151.
Eastern League Stories from May 11, 2012
- Sea Dogs Rebound with 4-2 Win Over Trenton - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rosenbaum Solid Again in Leading Senators to 8-1 Win over Akron - Harrisburg Senators
- Aeros Fall to Senators - Akron Aeros
- Four-Run Fifth Sends Sea Dogs Past Thunder - Trenton Thunder
- Curve Drop Fourth Straight with 7-3 Loss in Erie - Altoona Curve
- Long Balls Power 'Wolves over Curve - Erie SeaWolves
- B-Mets Ride Big First Inning to 11-4 Win - Binghamton Mets
- Rock Cats Break Up No-Hitter, Go On To Victory - New Britain Rock Cats
- Glenn, Goins, McDade Shine in 11-4 Loss to Mets - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Hesto Presto, Squirrels Dump Baysox, 6-1 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Squirrels Use Big Third to Top Baysox - Bowie Baysox
- Rock 101 Announces the Return of Sky Show Featuring Blue Oyster Cult - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Altoona Curve - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes vs. Bowie - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- B-Mets Game Notes: at New Hampshire Fisher Cats - Binghamton Mets
- Aeros Pitchers on the Move - Akron Aeros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.