Aeros Pitchers on the MoveMay 11, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) Akron Aeros
Langwell, 26, has been a key member of the Aeros bullpen in 2012, making 10 appearances with no record and a 0.63 ERA. He has saved three games, converting all of his save opportunities. He struck out 18 batters in 14 1/3 innings. His most recent outing was a one-inning save against Erie in game one of a doubleheader on Tuesday night.
Langwell, an 11th round selection by the Indians in the 2008 draft out of Rice University, made 12 appearances with the Clippers last season, going 1-0, 4.00 ERA.
Berger, 26, made a spot start for the Clippers on Wednesday night against Scranton-Wilkes Barre (Yankees) and was the losing pitcher in a 2-1 Clippers loss. He worked six innings, giving up two runs on three hits. He walked three and fanned six.
A native of Roseville, California, Berger has been in the Aeros starting rotation all season, going 0-3, 4.37 ERA in five starts. He has fanned 22 and walked only eight in 22 2/3 innings. He was an 8th round selection by the Indians in the 2008 draft out of the University of Arizona.
The Aeros roster now stands at 24 players.
The Aeros will continue the current homestand as they entertain the Harrisburg Senators on Friday evening at 7:05. A fireworks show set to music from "Back to the Future" will follow the game. The series runs through Sunday at Canal Park. All Aeros games are broadcast on Fox Sports 1350 AM and online at www.akronaeros.com. For more information, please call the Aeros at 330-253-5151.
Eastern League Stories from May 11, 2012
- Sea Dogs Rebound with 4-2 Win Over Trenton - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rosenbaum Solid Again in Leading Senators to 8-1 Win over Akron - Harrisburg Senators
- Aeros Fall to Senators - Akron Aeros
- Four-Run Fifth Sends Sea Dogs Past Thunder - Trenton Thunder
- Curve Drop Fourth Straight with 7-3 Loss in Erie - Altoona Curve
- Long Balls Power 'Wolves over Curve - Erie SeaWolves
- B-Mets Ride Big First Inning to 11-4 Win - Binghamton Mets
- Rock Cats Break Up No-Hitter, Go On To Victory - New Britain Rock Cats
- Glenn, Goins, McDade Shine in 11-4 Loss to Mets - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Hesto Presto, Squirrels Dump Baysox, 6-1 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Squirrels Use Big Third to Top Baysox - Bowie Baysox
- Rock 101 Announces the Return of Sky Show Featuring Blue Oyster Cult - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Altoona Curve - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes vs. Bowie - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- B-Mets Game Notes: at New Hampshire Fisher Cats - Binghamton Mets
- Aeros Pitchers on the Move - Akron Aeros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.