Mets Torres Joins Bisons on MLB Injury RehabApril 27, 2012 - International League (IL) Buffalo Bisons
Buffalo also announced that INF BRAD EMAUS and OF FRED LEWIS have been activated to the club's roster. Both players were signed by the Mets on Wednesday to minor league contracts.
C ROB JOHNSON has been placed on the Bisons disabled list (retroactive to April 25) with a left knee sprain. Johnson has played 11 games with the Bisons this season with a .212 (9-42) average, two doubles, a home run and three RBI.
Torres, 34, suffered a strained left calf in the Mets first game of the season. He was officially placed on the disabled list on April 6 and began his rehab assignment on Monday with Single-A St. Lucie. With St. Lucie, Torres has hit .333 (4-12) with a double and an RBI.
Torres hit .221 (77-348) with four home runs, 19RBI and 19 stolen bases in 112 games for the San Francisco Giants last season.
International League Stories from April 27, 2012
- Indianapolis Decimates Durham 13-2 - Indianapolis Indians
- Indy Crushes Durham as Road Woes Follow Bulls Home - Durham Bulls
- Gwinnett Begins Trip with 3-2 Win at Toledo - Gwinnett Braves
- Timely Hitting and Solid Pitching Lead Yankees to 3-1 Win - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
- Braves snap Hens four game win-streak - Toledo Mud Hens
- Clippers Handcuff PawSox Offense - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Tides Lose Tough 2-1 Decision - Norfolk Tides
- O's Reinstate INF Andino from Paternity List; RHP Berken Optioned - Norfolk Tides
- Knights and Chiefs Postponed on Friday - Charlotte Knights
- Chiefs, Knights Postponed on Friday - Syracuse Chiefs
- IronPigs Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bisons Notes - Rochester at Buffalo - Buffalo Bisons
- RHP Dylan Axelrod Recalled by Chicago - Charlotte Knights
- Rochester Red Wings Game Notes - Friday, April 27 at Buffalo - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons Introduce Levelup Mobile Payments in Coca-Cola Field - Buffalo Bisons
- Mets Torres Joins Bisons on MLB Injury Rehab - Buffalo Bisons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.