Moss Reaches Milestone, Cats Beat T-Pads 5-1April 27, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Sacramento River Cats
Having scored a combined 37 runs in their last three games, the River Cats continued their hot hitting from the outset. Outfielder Jermaine Mitchell led off the bottom of the first inning with his second triple of the year and was promptly driven in on a single by fellow outfielder Collin Cowgill. The Cats would begin the game with four straight hits, taking a 3-0 lead into second inning.
The T-Pads scored their only run in the second inning when first baseman Vince Belnome doubled-home designated hitter Matt Clark. Sacramento would tack on two insurance runs, one in the fourth and one in the sixth, ultimately winning 5-1, improving its record to 15-6.
Mitchell finished 3-for-5 with three runs scored and a stolen base while Moss finished 2-for-5 with an RBI. The Cats logged 15 hits in all with six individual batters registering multi-hit games.
Sacramento right-handed starting pitcher Graham Godfrey earned the win and finished with seven strikeouts in seven innings, giving up four hits and one earned run with two walks in his first start since being optioned by Oakland. Righty Fautino De Los Santos, also making his first appearance since being optioned, tossed one perfect inning with two strikeouts. Right-handed Neil Wagner closed out the game with a perfect inning of his own. The Sacramento pitching staff combined to allow just one run, four hits and two walks with 11 strikeouts.
T-Pads right-handed pitcher and 2006 NLCS MVP Jeff Suppan was knocked out of the game after 3.2 innings pitched having given up four runs and 10 hits on 69 pitches, suffering the loss. Left-handed reliever Colt Hynes gave up five hits and one run with two walks in 4.1 innings pitched.
Game two of the series is set for 7:05 p.m. tomorrow on Toyota Family Value Friday, where fans can purchase $1 hot dogs and $1 desserts at Raley Field. River Cats right-handed pitcher Travis Banwart (2-0, 6.75 ERA) will start opposite T-Pads right-hander Josh Greer (1-3, 9.16 ERA) ***
2012 River Cats Season Tickets, Mini-Plans, Flex Plans and group outings can be purchased by calling the River Cats Ticket Hotline at (916) 371-HITS (4487). Individual game tickets, starting at $8, are available online at ticketmaster.com and at Raley Field's Round Table Pizza Ticket Office. For more information about the 2012 River Cats season, visit www.rivercats.com. For information on other events at Raley Field, visit www.raleyfield.com.
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 27, 2012
- Aces Play Long Ball for 12-7 Win over Salt Lake - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express Even Series at Oklahoma City, 8-3 - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Fall Short on Friday, 8-3 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Sanabia Shuts Down Albuquerque 2-1 - New Orleans Zephyrs
- 'Topes Nipped by Z's, 2-1 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Late Rally Lifts Memphis Past Omaha - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Better Eighth Than Never - Memphis Redbirds
- Iowa Cubs vs. Nashville Sounds Game Postponed - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds, Cubs Rained out on Friday Night in Iowa - Nashville Sounds
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Oklahoma City - Round Rock Express
- Lopez Joins Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Aces Continue 2012 Campaign with Eight-Game Homestand - Reno Aces
- Storm Chasers Honored with Two Awards on Thursday - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Round Rock Express Return Home Monday - Round Rock Express
- Blackley Shuts Down Sky Sox In Fresno's 3-0 Shutout - Fresno Grizzlies
- Sacramento wins at Raley Field, 5-1 - Tucson Padres
- Moss Reaches Milestone, Cats Beat T-Pads 5-1 - Sacramento River Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.