Dayton Dragons Homestand PreviewApril 17, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Dayton Dragons
Thursday, April 19 - Dayton Dragons vs. Quad Cities River Bandits (St. Louis Cardinals), 7:00 PM
Friday, April 20 - Dayton Dragons vs. Quad Cities River Bandits, 7:00 PM
Saturday, April 21 - Dayton Dragons vs. Quad Cities River Bandits, 7:00 PM
Sunday, April 22 - Dayton Dragons vs. Cedar Rapids Kernels (Los Angeles Angels), 4:00 PM
Monday, April 23 - Dayton Dragons vs. Cedar Rapids Kernels, 7:00 PM
Tuesday, April 24 - Dayton Dragons vs. Cedar Rapids Kernels, 7:00 PM
All games broadcast on WONE 980 AM and streamed via the Dragons website at www.daytondragons.com.
Dragons On TV
The games on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday will each be televised on WHIO Digital Channel 7.2. It is available on Time Warner Basic Cable Channel 23 and Digital Channel 372.
Former Cincinnati Reds first baseman and Dragons manager Todd Benzinger will join Tom Nichols on the telecast on Thursday, April 19th.
Former Reds pitcher Doug Bair joins the broadcast on Friday, April 20th
WHIO-TV Sports Director Mike Hartsock will be on the telecast on Saturday, April 21st
For Your Entertainment
Thursday, April 19
National Anthem performed by Holmes Elementary (Wilmington, Ohio)
Dragons MVP Night (Greene County)
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Home Run for Life - Jayden Norvell
Friday, April 20
o National Anthem performed by Shaw Elementary (Beavercreek, Ohio)
o Dragons MVP Night (Clark County)
o Retirement Village People
Saturday, April 21
National Anthem performed by St. Luke School Choir (Beavercreek, Ohio)
Mini Dugout Dancers
Friends and Family game: Fans can purchase a ticket package which includes a lawn ticket to the Dragons game, a free Dragons hat and a voucher for a free Extra Value Meal (r) at any Miami Valley McDonald's location. This package valued at $30 is available for just $11 per ticket.
Sunday, April 22
National Anthem performed by Connect III (Springfield, Ohio)
Public Safety Day co-hosted by Kettering Health Network on the Plaza from 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Great Clips Haircuts on the Plaza
Monday, April 23
National Anthem performed by the Dayton Philharmonic Youth Strings (Dayton, Ohio)
Dragons MVP Night (Montgomery County)
Tuesday, April 24
National Anthem performed by KidzFam (Dayton, Ohio)
Dragons MVP Night (Montgomery County)
Dragons On The Field
Dragons RHP Justice French has emerged as one of the top starters on the team in the early part of the season. The Suwanee, Ga. native started on opening day an allowed no runs on two hits in the Dragons win over West Michigan. French's third start was on the road yesterday against Ft. Wayne, where he picked up his second win of the season. He gave up two runs on four hits in six innings, and moved to 2-1 in 2012.
After getting one hit in his first 14 at-bats, Kyle Waldrop emerged as an offensive stalwart on the Dragons recent road trip. He has a hit in each of his last five games, and three straight multi-hit games (entering play on Tuesday). In that time, Waldrop's batting average has risen 250 points (from .071 to .321) and he's amassed four extra-base hits and five runs batted in.
Former major leaguer Delino DeShields is in his second season as manager for Dayton in 2012. He enters his fourth season in the Reds organization, having served as the manager of the Billings Mustangs in 2010 and as the hitting coach in Billings in 2009. Cincinnati Reds Hall of Famer Tom Browning joins the staff as the pitching coach, and Alex Pelaez begins his second year as the team's hitting coach.
Midwest League Stories from April 17, 2012
- Bees Split Doubleheader with Wisconsin - Burlington Bees
- Aces Wild at Modern Woodmen Park in 2-1 Bandits Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Gagnon & Harvey combine on shutout for Rattlers win in game two - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Sano Rips Homer #5 in Game One of Today's Doubleheader - Beloit Snappers
- Chiefs Rally Past Kernels for Third Straight Win - Peoria Chiefs
- Hawks Stymied by Lugnuts, Fall 3-0 - South Bend Silver Hawks
- TinCaps Win 4-1, Snap Four-Game Skid - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Cougars Split a Pair in Beloit - Kane County Cougars
- Winning Streak Halted as Hot Rods Blanked - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dragons Fall 4-1; Trip Will Conclude Wednesday at 11:05 - Dayton Dragons
- DÃ©jÃ vu" Lugs blank Hawks, 3-0, again - Lansing Lugnuts
- Captains Skid Hits Eight in a Row - Lake County Captains
- Bees take game one of twinbill - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Torres Added to Roster, Carter to Disabled List - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dayton Dragons Homestand Preview - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons on TV Thursday, Friday, Saturday - Dayton Dragons
- Kane County Cougars Homestand Preview: April 19-24 - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons Gameday for April 17 - Dayton Dragons
- Davis Joins Cougars; Active for Today's Doubleheader - Kane County Cougars
- Chiefs win 6-2 over Kernels - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Hot Rods Rally in Ninth - Great Lakes Loons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.