Additional Promos Planned for Sandberg Bronze Statue Giveaway NightApril 17, 2012 - International League (IL) Lehigh Valley IronPigs
For this game only, a special ticket deal is available for fans that purchase their seats online and enter the unique promo code available only on the IronPigs' Facebook (www.facebook.com/lhvironpigs) or Twitter (www.twitter.com/ironpigs) pages. Make sure to "Like" the IronPigs on Facebook and "Follow" the team on Twitter for exclusive promotions throughout the season.
Fans attending this special reunion game will be rewarded with a boat load of special promotions, including:
* Ryne Sandberg bronze statues for the first 3,000 fans 18 and older.
* An hour-long autograph session from 7:05 p.m. to 8:05 p.m. featuring former Phillies player and manager, Larry Bowa. He is also slated to throw out the game's ceremonial first pitch.
* The only "Dollar Dog" night of the season featuring $1 hot dogs for the entirety of the game.
* Ladies Night featuring a a pre-game Happy Hour from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. with live music and $2 domestic drink specials in the AT&T Plaza.
A 2005 inductee to the National Baseball Hall of Fame, Sandberg was a 10-time National League All-Star and won nine Gold Gloves and seven Silver Slugger awards during his 16-year career (1981-94, 1996-97). He was originally drafted by the Phillies in 1978 and made his Major League debut with the club in 1981, appearing in 13 games. Sandberg finished his career with a .285 batting average, 282 home runs, 1,061 RBI and 344 stolen bases in 2,164 games. At the time of his retirement, his 277 home runs as a second baseman was a Major League record.
An irreplaceable member of the 1980 Phillies World Championship team, Bowa helped the Phillies reach the playoffs five times during his tenure with the club. He also captured a pair of Gold Glove awards and led the National League in fielding percentage on six different occasions. Following his playing career, Bowa returned to manage the Phillies in 2001 and received Manager of the Year honors after bringing the Phils within two games of a division title. Bowa preceded Charlie Manuel as Phillies manager and went 337-308 (.522) in his four seasons at the helm.
Tickets for all upcoming IronPigs games can be purchased in-person at Coca-Cola Park, by calling (610) 841-PIGS or online at ironpigsbaseball.com. Prices for single-game start as low as $7 for General Admission, granting fans access to the Capital BlueCross Lawn seating area, the brand-new bar at the Red Robin Tiki Terrace & Oasis along with standing room only areas. Field Level reserved seats are just $10. Fans are encouraged to purchase tickets in advance as Coca-Cola Park was Minor League Baseball's most visited venue in 2011 with seating capacity reached or surpassed during 60 of the club's 68 home dates.
With the exception of all Thursday home games when the Main gates open at 5 p.m. for Happy Hour specials restrained to the AT&T Plaza, the Main Gates open 75 minutes prior to game time while the Club Level gates open 90 minutes before scheduled first pitch time.
Fans are reminded that there are three entry points for parking and are encouraged to use the Dauphin Street entrance when traveling from downtown Allentown. In addition to the Dauphin Street entrance, entry to Coca-Cola Park can be gained off American Parkway and Union Boulevard. Preferred/Handicapped Parking access is available via American Parkway only.
The cost of parking in Coca-Cola Park's "Pig Tail Porking Spaces" is $3 per vehicle for all IronPigs home games.
Single-game tickets, mini-plan packages and group tickets for all IronPigs home games presented by Capital BlueCross, are on sale now and can be purchased at the Coca-Cola Park Ticket Office, online at www.ironpigsbaseball.com or by calling (610) 841-PIGS.
Don't forget to ask about the all-new four-person "islands" in the Red Robin Oasis located directly above the left field bullpens. Each island is covered underneath a thatched roof and includes a circular half-table, cocktail-style seating for the four fans in the party and wait service.
The Lehigh Valley IronPigs are dedicated to providing family-friendly entertainment and are the only Minor League team to offer bubbles to fans entering the AT&T Plaza and balloons for all children exiting Coca-Cola Park.
International League Stories from April 17, 2012
- Teheran, G-Braves Roll Tides, 6-0 - Gwinnett Braves
- Indians Clipped, Columbus Wins 5-1 - Indianapolis Indians
- Yankees Losing Streak Sits at Three Following 4-2 Loss to Rochester - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
- Rochester Red Wings Post-Game Notes - Tuesday, April 17 at Empire State - Rochester Red Wings
- PawSox Take Pitchers' Duel - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Ninth-Inning Run Leads Red Sox Past Chiefs - Syracuse Chiefs
- Rochester Red Wings Announce Game Time Changes for July 5 and July 8 - Rochester Red Wings
- Knights Down Bulls 3-2 in Tuesday's 11:15 AM Contest - Charlotte Knights
- Additional Promos Planned for Sandberg Bronze Statue Giveaway Night - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- IronPigs Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Rochester Red Wings Game Notes - Tuesday, April 17 at Empire State Yankees - Rochester Red Wings
- Tim Hudson to Play in Gwinnett - Gwinnett Braves
- Bisons Notes - Lehigh Valley at Buffalo - Buffalo Bisons
- Late-Inning Heroics Squeak G-Braves Past Tides - Gwinnett Braves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.