Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - March 18, 2012March 18, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Greenville Road Warriors
The Road Warriors (39-22-5, 83 pts.) host Cincinnati (30-25-9, 69 pts.) today for the fifth, and final, meeting between the clubs this season. Fans can follow the action by watching live on America One or listening at www.greenvilleroadwarriors.com. Greenville is 2-2-0 this season against the Cyclones with all four prior meetings taking place at US Bank Arena in Cincinnati. Of the four previous games, three have been decided by one goal and one made it all the way to a shootout. Greenville is 2-1-0 in those one-goal games against the Cyclones. Today's meeting is the first between Greenville and Cincinnati in the Upstate since the Cyclones claimed a 3-1 win on March 19, 2011. Greenville is 2-1-0 all-time at home against Cincinnati.
KELLY CUP PLAYOFF CLINCHING SCENARIOS:
Greenville can clinch a berth in the Kelly Cup Playoffs on Sunday if:
OR Chicago loses in regulation OR Greenville loses in overtime/shootout AND Chicago loses
Fans coming out to the game will enjoy the final Family Fun Day of the season. It features $5 tickets anywhere in the building for children 12 years old or younger. There is also a free post-game skate with the Road Warriors immediately following the game. Any fan who needs a pair of skates can rent them from the BI-LO Center for just $3.
Who: Greenville Road Warriors vs. Cincinnati Cyclones
What: Home Game #32, Season Game #67
When: 4:05 p.m.
Where: BI-LO Center, 650 N. Academy St., Greenville, SC 29601
Justin Bowers is tops on the Road Warriors, and ECHL, with 58 assists. With one helper last night he has at least one assist in 24 of Greenville's 34 games in 2012. In the season series between Greenville and Cincinnati the team to score first has never led wire-to-wire. Greenville scored first once and won 4-3 in a shootout on Nov. 29, 2011.The Road Warriors' magic number to clinch a Kelly Cup Playoffs berth is 2. A win tonight would assure that neither Reading nor Chicago could catch them in the standings.Kale Kerbashian has put up points in back-to-back games four times this season. He has not yet earned a three-game streak. Greenville is 3-for-16 on the power play over its last five home games. For the season against Cincinnati the Road Warriors are 3-for-18 (16.7 percent).
Mark your calendars! The Road Warriors are back at the BI-LO Center for their next home game on Friday, March 23 at 7:35 p.m. against the Gwinnett Gladiators. Come out and take advantage of the Spinx Family Four Pack which features four tickets, four hot dogs, four fountain drinks and four bags of chips for just $48! There are discounted tickets and preferred seating based on availability for any group of 10 or more that books in advance. Call 864-674-PUCK (7825) to book your group outing. Visit www.greenvilleroadwarriors.com for more information.
ECHL Stories from March 18, 2012
- Thunder rally with four goals, including two by D'Alvise - Stockton Thunder
- Stockton Beats Utah 4-2: Grizzlies Split in California - Utah Grizzlies
- Express Battle Back to Force OT, Fall to Trenton 5-4 - Chicago Express
- Royals Fall to Florida, 4-2 - Reading Royals
- Jackals Clinch Playoff Spot After Edging Nailers - Elmira Jackals
- Back-And-Forth Battle Ends 4-3 for Bakersfield - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Kalamazoo Scores a Season-High Nine Goals to Rout Toledo 9-1 - Kalamazoo Wings
- How Sweep It Is Condors Win Third Straight, 4-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Titans Win in OT - Trenton Titans
- Success in Face-Off Circle Gives Wheeling a Point in Elmira - Wheeling Nailers
- Road Warriors Clinch Playoffs With Win - Greenville Road Warriors
- Cyclones Close Road Trip with 5-1 Loss in Greenville - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Transactions - March 18 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Utah Grizzlies - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspension - ECHL
- Brutlag Called up to AHL Norfolk - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Royals Sign Defenseman Daniel Spivak - Reading Royals
- Bears Sign Goaltender Billy Sauer to Tryout Agreement - South Carolina Stingrays
- Walleye Sign May - Toledo Walleye
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - March 18, 2012 - Greenville Road Warriors
- Game Preview: Express Vs. Trenton Today - Chicago Express
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Greenville - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira Vs. Wheeling, Game 66 - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Today - March 18 - ECHL
- 7,537 fans pile into Stockton Arena, teams combine for 91 penalty minutes - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Clinch Playoff Berth with 5-2 Win in Stockton - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors Stay Alive, Beat Vegas 4-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Outlast Wranglers, Win 4-3 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Reign Pass Franchise Record with 3-2 Shootout Win in Idaho - Ontario Reign
- Ontario Outlasts Idaho in Entertaining Affair - Idaho Steelheads
- Express Fall to Trenton 4-1 - Chicago Express
- Aces Kings of the Mountain After 5-1 Win - Alaska Aces
- Too Little, Too Late - Kalamazoo Wings
- Defending League Champs Claim Mountain Division Crown with 5-1 Win - Colorado Eagles
- Royals Strike Gold Again on St. Hattrick's Day, 4-3 - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.