Rush Fall to Thunder 3-1March 10, 2012 - Central Hockey League (CHL) Rapid City Rush
The Thunder earned a 2-0 lead with goals in each of the first two periods. The opening tally came at 5:56 of the first period with an offensive zone faceoff win that culminated in a rebound goal from Matt Summers.
Matt Robinson's wrister from the slot with less than four minutes remaining in the second period gave him his team-leading 30th goal of the season, and the Thunder a 2-0 advantage.
The Rush cut the lead in half less than four minutes into the third period when Les Reaney slid home a rebound from the top of the crease for his 11th of the season. Despite numerous scoring chances on Thunder goaltender Bryan Hogan, the Rush could not find the equalizer and Robinson potted an empty-net goal to bring the game to its 3-1 final.
Prorated full and partial season ticket packages are still available. Groups of 10 or more receive discounted tickets by calling 716-PUCK (7825).
Stay informed on Rush happenings through the official Rapid City Rush team website, www.RapidCityRush.com.
Central Hockey League Stories from March 10, 2012
- Rush Fall to Thunder 3-1 - Rapid City Rush
- Hogg Nets Game-Winner in Shootout for Second Night in a Row - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mallards Surge Past Tulsa 6-2; Quad City Moves into Tie for Final - Quad City Mallards
- Short Handed Bucks Fall in Shoot-Out - Laredo Bucks
- Lee's Milestone Goal Leads Bees to 5-2 Victory - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Bees Overpower Sundogs with Second Period Surge, 5-2 - Arizona Sundogs
- Mavericks Fall to Americans, 4-3 - Missouri Mavericks
- Oilers Struggles Continue in 6-2 Loss to Mallards - Tulsa Oilers
- Gems Comeback Spoiled in 3-2 Shootout Loss - Dayton Gems
- Blaze Battle to Shootout Win in Dayton - Bloomington Blaze
- Gems Rematch Blaze for "Kids Eat Free Night" - Dayton Gems
- Rush Earn 5-3 Win in Wild Contest Against Thunder - Rapid City Rush
- Hogg Goal Lifts Brahmas Past Mavs in Shootout - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Thunder Win Streak Stopped as Rush Win, 5-3 - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.