Red Claws Add Guard Mike GerrityFebruary 21, 2012 - NBA Development League (D-League) Maine Red Claws
Gerrity most recently played for the Erie BayHawks, where he averaged 7.3 ppg in 18 games played this season, including 8.3 ppg in four games against the Red Claws. Despite appearing in just 18 games with the BayHawks this season, Gerrity ranks 3rd this season in assists on the team with 79, trailing just D.J. Kennedy and Keith McLeod, each with 26 games played. His assist-to-turnover ratio of 3.04 is among the best in the league this season.
Now in his second pro season, Gerrity spent the 2010-11 season with the Dakota Wizards, appearing in 11 games during his rookie season. The Yorba Linda, CA native took a circuitous route to pro basketball, beginning his college career at Pepperdine where he was named to the WCC All-Freshman Team before transferring to Charlotte following a coaching change and then ultimately to USC. At USC, Gerrity was named co-MVP and recipient of the Sam Barry Award for providing USC with steady leadership throughout the season as the Trojans battled through injuries, players having to sit out a semester and a self-imposed postseason ban. Gerrity played only one semester for USC after transferring, but it was a special one. In his first game, he led the Trojans to the upset over then-No. 9 Tennessee with 12 points and 10 assists while playing 37 minutes. He then captured MVP honors at the Diamond Head Classic with 47 points and seven assists in the three-game title run. He averaged 9.3 points and 3.6 assists in 22 games and was the only Trojan with a positive assists to turnover ratio. Gerrity, a sociology major, also was the winner of the Dr. James Zumberge Award for the highest GPA on the team.
Gerrity will join the Red Claws in Tulsa, OK where they will face the 66ers on Tuesday at 8 PM. The team will then head to McAllen, TX to take on the Rio Grande Valley Vipers on Wednesday for their last game before the All-Star break. The team will return home for a two-game set against the Springfield Armor on March 2 and 4. Great seats remain for both games.
NBA Development League Stories from February 21, 2012
- Bighorns Round up Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- Efevberha Leads Energy to 111-88 Win Over Ft. Wayne - Iowa Energy
- 66ers Fall at Buzzer to Red Claws - Tulsa 66ers
- Red Claws Add Guard Mike Gerrity - Maine Red Claws
- Bakersfield's Eldridge to Participate in All-Star's Weekend - Bakersfield Jam
- Woodfox to Represent Legends in All-Star 3-Point Competition - Texas Legends
- BayHawks Set March 3 as Lin-Sanity Night - Erie BayHawks
- Bighorns to Giveaway Jeremy Lin Jerseys - Reno Bighorns
- NBA D-League Update - D-League
- Canton's Manny Harris Signs with Cleveland Cavaliers - D-League
- Humphrey and Johnson Selected to Participate in Dream Factory - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Vipers Acquire Future Draft Pick - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Wizards Win Fourth in a Row - Dakota Wizards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.