Aces' Trip Ends with 5-1 Loss to SteelheadsFebruary 11, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Alaska Aces
The Steelheads started the game with a scoring flurry, taking a 3-0 lead in the opening period. David Fredriksson started it with a goal from the left circle at 9:00 of the period. Idaho made it 2-0 when Aaron Lewicki scored from the right circle at 15:57 off of a rebound. The Steelheads made it 3-0 on a shorthanded two-on-one with Derek LeBlanc scoring his 12th of the season from Jacob Cepis at 18:55. The shorthanded goal was the Aces second allowed this season, and first that was not an empty net goal. Alaska outshot Idaho 12-10 in the period, but Idaho took a commanding lead into the first intermission.
The second period began with more of the same as Idaho tallied 21 seconds into the frame. Stephen Schultz scored on a turnaround shot from the left circle. After the goal, Aces Head Coach Rob Murray pulled Adam Courchaine for Drew O'Connell who made his pro debut. The Aces had a couple of great chances to get on the board in the second period, notably with back to back shorthanded breakaways, but Idaho's Bryan Hince was spectacular in his first start with the Steelheads, keeping Alaska off the board. The Steelheads added another shorthanded goal to make it 5-0 from Jacob Cepis at 15:59. The Aces outshot
Alaska got the only goal of the third period as Ethan Cox tallied at 2:37 from the top of the right circle to break Hince's shutout bid.
Adam Courchaine (16-9-4) took the loss, making 9 saves on 13 shots. Bryan Hince (6-0-0) earned the win, stopping 34 of 35 shots against. Drew O'Connell made 7 saves on 8 shots in relief and did not figure into the decision. The Aces power play went 0-4, while the Steelheads went 0-3. The Aces outshot the Steelheads 35-21 in the game.
The Aces now return home to begin a six-game home stand. Alaska begins a three-game series with the Bakersfield Condors on Friday. Tickets are on sale now. For more information, please call the Aces at 907.258.ACES or visit them online at www.facebook.com/alaskaaceshockey.
ECHL Stories from February 11, 2012
- Aces' Trip Ends with 5-1 Loss to Steelheads - Alaska Aces
- Eagles Win 4th Straight After Weekend Sweep Against Stockton - Colorado Eagles
- Grizzlies Settle for Weekend Split in Ontario - Utah Grizzlies
- Two-Goal Slips Through Reading's Grasp in Loss to Elmira - Reading Royals
- Nailers Top Titans; Bohmback Scores Twice - Trenton Titans
- Galivan Leads Glads to 3-1 Win - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Greenville wins 5-2 - Greenville Road Warriors
- Beca's Hat Trick Leads Everblades Over Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Greenville Gets Revenge - Kalamazoo Wings
- Jackals Rally in Second Period, Hold off Royals 3-2 - Elmira Jackals
- Express See Five-Game Win Streak Snapped by Stingrays, 3-2 - Chicago Express
- Cyclones' Rally Spoiled by Walleye, 4-3 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Delmas Makes 35 Saves in 4-2 Nailers Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder at Colorado Eagles - Stockton Thunder
- Reign Offense Regains Some Firepower - Ontario Reign
- Justin Bowers Back to Greenville - Greenville Road Warriors
- Nolan Becomes 485th ECHL Player to Reach NHL - ECHL
- Condors Vs. Las Vegas Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - February 11 - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Episode 30 Features Eric Ballard and Craig Bommer - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - February 11, 2012 - Greenville Road Warriors
- Game Preview: Express at Gwinnett Tonight - Chicago Express
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira at Reading - Elmira Jackals
- Stingrays Gameday: Bobblehead Night and Wounded Warrior Night Tonight Against Everblades - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - February 11 - ECHL
- Thunder defeated by Colorado - Stockton Thunder
- Reign Trail Grizzlies in 2-1 Loss - Ontario Reign
- Condors Clip Wranglers 2-1 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Grizzlies Beat Ontario 2-1 - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors Upend First Place Wranglers, 2-1 - Bakersfield Condors
- Aces Score Late to Top Steelheads, 3-2 - Idaho Steelheads
- Aces Cash in Late for 3-2 Win in Idaho - Alaska Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.