Oilers Drop Overtime Decision to ThunderJanuary 28, 2012 - Central Hockey League (CHL) Tulsa Oilers
The Thunder, playing with a depleted lineup due to injuries, got a first period goal from R.G. Flath and led 1-0 after the first twenty minutes. Tulsa responded with a powerplay marker from Jay Sprague in the second period. Wichita forward Erick Lizon, without a goal through 38 games, bounced a puck past Steve Christie late in the second period to push the Thunder back in front. The one-goal advantage almost held up throughout the third, but with 2:03 remaining in regulation, Ryan Cramer stuffed home a rebound to pull Tulsa even.
After Wichita killed off a Tulsa powerplay early in overtime, Martens, in just his second game back from playing with Oklahoma City in the AHL, found himself open in front of the Oilers net. The all-star defenseman shoveled a pass from Alex Bourret under the pad of Christie to give Wichita its sixth win in ten meetings this season against Tulsa.
The Oilers dropped to 0-4 in overtime this season, but have now recorded points in each of their last four games. Tulsa will play its third game in less than 48 hours Sunday afternoon at home against Laredo.
Central Hockey League Stories from January 28, 2012
- Oilers Drop Overtime Decision to Thunder - Tulsa Oilers
- Brahmas Snag First OT Win of Season - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Sundogs Special Teams Drop Komets in 6-3win - Arizona Sundogs
- Blaze Double up Rush 4-2 - Rapid City Rush
- Martens Scores OT Goal to Give Wichita Win Against Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Mavs Lose to Mallards, 8-3 - Missouri Mavericks
- Mallards Stomp Missouri 8-3, Complete Sweep - Quad City Mallards
- Bucks Fall to Brahmas in Overtime - Laredo Bucks
- Bees Shut Out Americans 3-0 - Allen Americans
- Blaze Score Three Straight to Slow Rush - Bloomington Blaze
- Murray Perfect, Bees Shutout Allen 3-0 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Central Hockey League Announces Suspension - CHL
- Killer Bees Sign Ryan Warsofsky - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Sunday January 29 Is Oilers Family Fun Day at the BOK Center - Tulsa Oilers
- Dayton Gems Gameday - Gems "Jam It for Jimmy" Tonight - Dayton Gems
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.