Capitals Recall Cody Eakin from HersheyJanuary 12, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Hershey Bears
Eakin, 20, has collected six points (three goals, three assists) and a plus-two rating in 19 NHL games this season. He made his NHL debut on Nov. 1 vs. Anaheim and recorded his first NHL point (an assist) and scored his first NHL goal on Nov. 4 at Carolina.
Eakin has recorded 15 points (seven goals, eight assists) in 18 games with Hershey in the AHL this season. In his first full professional season, Eakin leads all rookies on Hershey in goals, assists and points. Eakin appeared in four regular-season games for Hershey during the 2009-10 season (two goals) and played in five postseason games as Hershey won the 2010 Calder Cup.
The Winnipeg, Manitoba, native helped Canada earn a silver medal at the World Junior Championship last season and helped guide the Kootenay Ice to the Western Hockey League (WHL) championship. Eakin finished the Memorial Cup playoff round tied for second in points (six) and his three goals scored tied for third. He collected 239 points (118 goals, 121 assists) in 238 career WHL games.
Eakin, who wears number 50 for the Capitals, was drafted by Washington in the third round (85th overall) in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. He will participate in Washington's morning skate and will be available for tomorrow's game against Tampa Bay.
American Hockey League Stories from January 12, 2012
- Checkers Come up Short Against Hershey - Charlotte Checkers
- Bears Come Back to Defeat Charlotte, Earn Mid-Week Sweep - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Announce Roster Moves - Syracuse Crunch
- Columbus Blue Jackets Recall Forward Dane Byers from AHL's Springfield Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Great Skate Winterfest Highlights Jam-Packed Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Capitals Recall Cody Eakin from Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Dallas Reassigns Defenseman Jace Coyle to Idaho - Texas Stars
- Jamie Benn Selected to Play in All-Star Game in Ottawa - Texas Stars
- Kings Goaltender Quick Named NHL All-Star - Manchester Monarchs
- Penguins Assign Killeen to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks to Hit the Ice Outdoors at Manhattan Square Park on Monday - Rochester Americans
- Oilers Recall Josh Green; Barons Recall Milan Kytnar - Oklahoma City Barons
- Former Worcester Sharks Forward Logan Couture Selected to 2012 NHL All-Star Game - Worcester Sharks
- IceCaps Re-Assign Maxwell to Eagles - St. John's IceCaps
- IceCaps Re-Assign Mannino to Express - St. John's IceCaps
- B-Sens Sign Forward Mike Bartlett - Binghamton Senators
- Mid-Season Report - Connecticut Whale
- Bowl with the IceHogs on March 4 at Cherry Bowl - Rockford IceHogs
- Sound Tigers Sign Brandon Gentile to PTO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- B-Sens Announce Details of the Weis Weekend Calder Cup Tour - Binghamton Senators
- Sound Tigers Host Pink Rink Night Sponsored by Norwalk Hospital - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Ads Play Two this Weekend - Milwaukee Admirals
- Worcester Sharks Restructure Front Office; Announce Two New Hires - Worcester Sharks
- Bruins Recall Caron from Providence - Providence Bruins
- Bulldogs Recall Peter Delmas from Wheeling - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Race Night Set for January 27; Hyundai Car up for Grabs - Charlotte Checkers
- Checkers Lose Joslin, Recall Murray - Charlotte Checkers
- Falcons Make Special Donation to Local Youth Hockey Organizations - Springfield Falcons
- Admirals Assign Kevin Quick to ECHL Florida - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.