Admirals Assign Kevin Quick to ECHL FloridaJanuary 12, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Norfolk Admirals
Quick, 23, a 6-foot, 190-pound defenseman born in Buffalo, New York, has spent the majority of the last five seasons with the Admirals. In 11 games with Norfolk this season, Quick has posted two assists, two penalty minutes and a plus-3 rating.
Quick established career highs in assists and points last season, posting 15 assists in 45 games with the Admirals. He also made his Calder Cup Playoff debut, playing two games with two penalty minutes. In 170 career AHL games, Quick has recorded one goal and 34 points with 26 penalty minutes.
Quick has appeared in six career NHL games - all with the Tampa Bay Lightning during the 2008-09 season - posting one assist. A third-round draft pick (78th overall) by the Lightning during the 2006 draft, Quick originally signed a three-year, entry-level contract with Tampa Bay on June 2, 2008.
Quick has appeared in 18 career ECHL regular season games - all with the Augusta Lynx during the 2008-09 season. He posted two goals and six points with ten penalty minutes in those games. He also appeared in nine Kelly Cup Playoff games with the Elmira Jackals in 2009, posting one assist.
Before joining the Admirals during the 2007-08 season, Quick played in 21 games at the University of Michigan, where he notched two goals and four points with 12 penalty minutes.
The Admirals return to the ice at Norfolk Scope Arena tomorrow and Saturday nights against the Connecticut Whale. The puck drops tomorrow at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday at 7:15 p.m. as Norfolk closes out a five-game homestand.
Saturday night's contest against the Whale will be the fifth-annual Pink in the Rink Night to Benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure. This annual event features an Admirals game played on pink ice and seeks to educate and raise awareness about breast cancer while also raising monies for the Tidewater Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
Events leading up to and during the game include a breast cancer informational session, survivor participation during game night, "Hockey 101" and a silent auction for player-autographed Admirals and NHL items. The "Hockey 101" will be held starting at 6:15 p.m. Seating is based on a first-come, first-served basis. For more details, please visit norfolkadmirals.com.
Individual tickets for all regular season games start at just $12. Tickets are available now at the Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 and online at ticketmaster.com.
Don't miss a minute of the action by purchasing your 2011-12 season tickets today. Season tickets start at just $350 while 10-Packs are available for as little as $110. Stop by the Admirals' Administrative Offices at Scope, call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or visit norfolkadmirals.com anytime!
American Hockey League Stories from January 12, 2012
- Checkers Come up Short Against Hershey - Charlotte Checkers
- Bears Come Back to Defeat Charlotte, Earn Mid-Week Sweep - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Announce Roster Moves - Syracuse Crunch
- Columbus Blue Jackets Recall Forward Dane Byers from AHL's Springfield Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Great Skate Winterfest Highlights Jam-Packed Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Capitals Recall Cody Eakin from Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Dallas Reassigns Defenseman Jace Coyle to Idaho - Texas Stars
- Jamie Benn Selected to Play in All-Star Game in Ottawa - Texas Stars
- Kings Goaltender Quick Named NHL All-Star - Manchester Monarchs
- Penguins Assign Killeen to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks to Hit the Ice Outdoors at Manhattan Square Park on Monday - Rochester Americans
- Oilers Recall Josh Green; Barons Recall Milan Kytnar - Oklahoma City Barons
- Former Worcester Sharks Forward Logan Couture Selected to 2012 NHL All-Star Game - Worcester Sharks
- IceCaps Re-Assign Maxwell to Eagles - St. John's IceCaps
- IceCaps Re-Assign Mannino to Express - St. John's IceCaps
- B-Sens Sign Forward Mike Bartlett - Binghamton Senators
- Mid-Season Report - Connecticut Whale
- Bowl with the IceHogs on March 4 at Cherry Bowl - Rockford IceHogs
- Sound Tigers Sign Brandon Gentile to PTO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- B-Sens Announce Details of the Weis Weekend Calder Cup Tour - Binghamton Senators
- Sound Tigers Host Pink Rink Night Sponsored by Norwalk Hospital - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Ads Play Two this Weekend - Milwaukee Admirals
- Worcester Sharks Restructure Front Office; Announce Two New Hires - Worcester Sharks
- Bruins Recall Caron from Providence - Providence Bruins
- Bulldogs Recall Peter Delmas from Wheeling - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Race Night Set for January 27; Hyundai Car up for Grabs - Charlotte Checkers
- Checkers Lose Joslin, Recall Murray - Charlotte Checkers
- Falcons Make Special Donation to Local Youth Hockey Organizations - Springfield Falcons
- Admirals Assign Kevin Quick to ECHL Florida - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.