Mavericks Trade for Defenseman Tristin LlewellynJanuary 3, 2012 - Central Hockey League (CHL) - Missouri Mavericks
Llewellyn, 22 (3/2/89), is in his second professional season and first in the CHL. The Ann Arbor, Michigan native played his rookie season last year with the ECHL's Elmira Jackals where he had six points (1-56) and 29 penalty minutes. In 11 games this season, the 6-foot-2, 209-pound defenseman registered one assist in 11 games with Fort Wayne.
"Tristan Llewellan will help us continue to strengthen our blue line and we are excited to add him to our roster," said Mavericks' Head Coach Scott Hillman. "He has experience playing for one of the most prestigious hockey programs in North America. He skates very well and handles the puck with patience and confidence."
Prior to turning pro, Llewellyn played four seasons at the University of Michigan where he accounted for three goals, 15 assists and 213 penalty minutes in 126 games played.
Festa, 27 (1/18/84), played in a total of 46 games with the Mavericks since being acquired during the team's inaugural season in 2009-10. He finished with an 18-17-5 record, a 3.02 goals-against average and .900 save percentage.
"Gerry Festa has been a pleasure to have as part of the team for the last two years," said Hillman. "He brought energy to our team every day. We are sad to see him go and wish him the very best. He is a true professional and represented our organization with great class."
The Mavericks open up the 2012 portion of their schedule this weekend, getting visits to Independence Events Center from the Tulsa Oilers on Friday, January 6 and the Quad City Mallards on Saturday, January 7. Faceoff is at 7:05pm for both games. Tickets for all regular season games are on sale via Ticketmaster. Call (816) 252-7825 for more information or visit www.MissouriMavericks.com .
Central Hockey League Stories from January 3, 2012
- Sundogs Fall 3-2 in Overtime off Bad Bounce - Arizona Sundogs
- Rioux Scores in OT, Bees Win 3-2 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Thanks for Supporting a Big Blaze Win - Bloomington Blaze
- Mallards Fall in Evansville 5-2 - Quad City Mallards
- Blaze Bounce Back with Win Over CHL Leader - Bloomington Blaze
- Annual Police Vs Fire Hockey Game February 11th - Allen Americans
- Mavericks Trade for Defenseman Tristin Llewellyn - Missouri Mavericks
- Mallards' Brown Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - Quad City Mallards
- Quad City's David Brown Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - CHL
- McKee to Return to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Erickson Called up to Oklahoma City - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.