Mallards Fall in Evansville 5-2
EVANSVILLE, Ind. (January 3, 2012) - Brian Bicek scored twice as the host Evansville IceMen defeated the Quad City Mallards 5-2 Tuesday night.
Bicek got Evansville off to a fine start by scoring the first goal of the game from point blank range just 52 seconds into the first period. The IceMen were on the power play when Todd Robinson doubled the advantage at 12:27 of the first with a one timer from the high slot.
Brandon Marino swept home Justin Chwedoruk's centering pass to trim the Evansville lead to 2-1 with 1:33 left in the opening period.
The IceMen again stretched their lead to a pair of goals when Sean O'Connor scored what proved to be the game winner from the slot at 13:47 of the second period.
At the 15 minute mark of the third period, Bicek scored his second goal on a breakaway to widen the gap to 4-1.
Marino would score his second of the night from close range to make it 4-2 with 1:28 remaining, but the IceMen rebounded to cap off the win in the final minute with Josh Beaulieau's empty net goal.
The Mallards return home Friday night at 7:05 p.m. to take on the Wichita Thunder.
Single game tickets for all Mallards regular season home contests- including Friday night's game- are now available. Fans can contact the Mallards at (309) 277-1364 or email@example.com for more information about tickets.
Single game tickets are also available at the i wireless Center box office, at Ticketmaster outlets, through www.ticketmaster.com or through Ticketmaster charge-by-phone toll free. The box office is open weekdays from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and on game days from 10:00 a.m. until the start of the second period. Individual game tickets are available for $12 in the upper level and $17 in the lower level and $25 for the first row along the glass for adults. Tickets for kids 12 and under are available for $5 off adult rates. In addition, tickets are available to military personnel for $2 off the regular adult rate.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 3, 2012
- Sundogs Fall 3-2 in Overtime off Bad Bounce - Arizona Sundogs
- Rioux Scores in OT, Bees Win 3-2 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Thanks for Supporting a Big Blaze Win - Bloomington Blaze
- Mallards Fall in Evansville 5-2 - Quad City Mallards
- Blaze Bounce Back with Win Over CHL Leader - Bloomington Blaze
- Annual Police Vs Fire Hockey Game February 11th - Allen Americans
- Mavericks Trade for Defenseman Tristin Llewellyn - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards' Brown Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - Quad City Mallards
- Quad City's David Brown Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - CHL
- McKee to Return to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Erickson Called up to Oklahoma City - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Quad City Mallards Stories
- Mallards Clearance Sale this Week
- Motte, Osipov Head to AHL
- Mallards Rally to Win Finale
- Mallards Game Day
- Mallards Battle from Behind for 5-4 Shootout Victory over Wings