Erickson Called up to Oklahoma City
TULSA, OK - The Tulsa Oilers announced Tuesday that defenseman Sean Erickson has been called up by the Oklahoma City Barons of the American Hockey League.
Erickson, a 27-year old out of Eden Prairie, Minnesota, has seven goals and 16 assists through 29 games this season in Tulsa. In his third full season with the Oilers, the 6'0" 190 pound blue-liner leads all CHL defensemen in scoring. Erickson appeared in all 76 games for Tulsa during the 2010-11 campaign and doubled his point total to 36 from 18 points in his rookie season in the CHL.
Erickson, who has played on the Oilers top defensive pairing all season, is a fixture on the Tulsa powerplay. With three goals and seven assists, he ranks third on the team in powerplay points.
Oklahoma City plays at Lake Erie Wednesday night then heads north for a Friday tilt in Toronto and a Sunday game at Hamilton. At 22-8-1 on the season, the Barons sit in first place in the AHL Western Conference.
Tulsa returns to action Friday night in Missouri at 7:05pm. It will be the second meeting of the season between the Oilers and Mavericks. Missouri won the first go-around 6-3 back on November 11.
Tickets: Don't forget that the Oilers next home game vs. the Allen Americans on January 14 is Youth Jersey Night. The first 500 kids (12 and under) into the BOK Center will receive a free Oilers youth jersey. Get your tickets today by calling 918-632-7825 or by visiting www.tulsaoilers.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 3, 2012
- Sundogs Fall 3-2 in Overtime off Bad Bounce - Arizona Sundogs
- Rioux Scores in OT, Bees Win 3-2 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Thanks for Supporting a Big Blaze Win - Bloomington Blaze
- Mallards Fall in Evansville 5-2 - Quad City Mallards
- Blaze Bounce Back with Win Over CHL Leader - Bloomington Blaze
- Annual Police Vs Fire Hockey Game February 11th - Allen Americans
- Mavericks Trade for Defenseman Tristin Llewellyn - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards' Brown Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - Quad City Mallards
- Quad City's David Brown Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - CHL
- McKee to Return to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Erickson Called up to Oklahoma City - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.