Quad City's David Brown Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week
January 3, 2012 - Central Hockey League (CHL) News Release
GLENDALE, AZ (January 3, 2012) -The Central Hockey League announced today that Quad City's David Brown has been named the Oakley Central Hockey League Goaltender of the Week for the period ending January 1, 2012.
In recognition of his achievement, Brown will receive a special gift from Oakley. To learn more about Oakley's wide range of products, visit www.oakley.com.
The Flock welcomed Brown back to the team on December 19 after he was assigned to them by the Abbotsford Heat of the American Hockey League. Last season, the Stoney Creek, Ontario native won 17 games with the Mallards and had a 2.33 goals against average (second in the CHL).
This past week, Brown won both of his starts allowing just three goals on those games and stopping 54 of 57 shots faced (.947 save percentage). On Tuesday, Brown made 22 saves in a 3-2 win over the Rapid City Rush. Then on Friday, the 6-0, 185-pound net minder turned away 32 of 33 shots in a 6-1 win over Dayton.
The Flock are the hottest team in the league winning 11 of 14 games in December and four straight to end 2011. They sit alone in second place in the Turner Conference with a 17-10-1 record.
Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week
David Brown, Quad City Mallards
Games Played: 2
Save %: .947
Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week (Previous Winners)
Oct. 25 - Ian Keserich (Tulsa)
Nov. 1 - Charlie Effinger (Missouri)
Nov. 8 - Bryan Hogan (Dayton)
Nov. 15 - Brian Mahoney-Wilson (Allen)
Nov. 22 - Marco Cousineau (Allen)
Nov. 29 - Adam Russo (Wichita)
Dec. 6 - David McKee (Quad City)
Dec. 13 - Nick Boucher (Fort Wayne)
Dec. 20 - Adam Russo (Wichita)
Dec. 27 - Zane Kalemba (Bloomington)
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 3, 2012
- Sundogs Fall 3-2 in Overtime off Bad Bounce - Arizona Sundogs
- Rioux Scores in OT, Bees Win 3-2 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Thanks for Supporting a Big Blaze Win - Bloomington Blaze
- Mallards Fall in Evansville 5-2 - Quad City Mallards
- Blaze Bounce Back with Win Over CHL Leader - Bloomington Blaze
- Annual Police Vs Fire Hockey Game February 11th - Allen Americans
- Mavericks Trade for Defenseman Tristin Llewellyn - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards' Brown Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - Quad City Mallards
- Quad City's David Brown Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - CHL
- McKee to Return to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Erickson Called up to Oklahoma City - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.