Annual Police Vs Fire Hockey Game February 11th
Allen Texas- The Allen Americans announced today that the annual Allen Police vs Allen Fire hockey game is scheduled for February, 11th 2012 at the Allen Event Center.
The game will take place at 5:00 PM, before the Allen Americans face the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees, later in the evening at 7:05 PM.
"It's a great event for everyone involved", said Americans Head Coach and GM Dwight Mullins. These are two organizations that do so much for our community. "It's exciting for me to be a part of it."
The Allen Fire Department will be coached by Americans Head Coach and General Manager Dwight Mullins, who was recently named Head Coach for the CHL All Star Game. The Police will be coached by Americans Associate Coach Bill "Macker" McDonald, so bragging rights within the Americans locker room will be on the line.
The Fire Department is 2-0 against the Police Department in the two previous games at Allen Event Center, so the Police will look to settle the score when the two teams hit the ice next month.
"The annual Police vs. Fire game allow our public safety teams to compete against one another while supporting our two great charities," said Allen Police Sergeant Bill Smith. "The past two years have been close games, but we have been unable to pull out a win. Like the Allen Americans, we intend to put an end to our two year championship drought in 2012."
The game will benefit the Special Olympics of Texas and the Public Safety Recovery Fund which is a foundation established to provide benefits to police officers, firefighters, and paramedics who are injured in the line of duty.
Below are the practice times for the Police and Fire at Allen Community Rink.
Friday, January 13th - 10:30pm
Friday, January 20th - 10:30pm
Monday, January 23rd - 10:00pm
Monday, January 30th - 10:00pm
Friday, February 3rd - 10:30pm
Monday, February 6th - 10:15pm
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 3, 2012
- Sundogs Fall 3-2 in Overtime off Bad Bounce - Arizona Sundogs
- Rioux Scores in OT, Bees Win 3-2 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Thanks for Supporting a Big Blaze Win - Bloomington Blaze
- Mallards Fall in Evansville 5-2 - Quad City Mallards
- Blaze Bounce Back with Win Over CHL Leader - Bloomington Blaze
- Annual Police Vs Fire Hockey Game February 11th - Allen Americans
- Mavericks Trade for Defenseman Tristin Llewellyn - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards' Brown Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - Quad City Mallards
- Quad City's David Brown Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - CHL
- McKee to Return to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Erickson Called up to Oklahoma City - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.