Tulsa 66ers Add 10 Players in 2011 NBA D-LeagueNovember 3, 2011 - NBA Development League (D-League) Tulsa 66ers
"We are pleased with the outcome of tonight's NBA D-League draft," said Thunder Director of Minor League Operations and Basketball Technology Paul Rivers. "We are looking forward to welcoming these 10 individuals to training camp of our development program in Tulsa starting next week."
Sumpter, 6-7/225, was named First-Team All-Big East as a senior at Villanova after averaging 17.4 points and 7.2 rebounds in his final season. The forward has most recently played for Maroussi Athens B.C. (Greek Basketball League) in 2011, where he averaged 8.1 points and 6.0 rebounds in seven games. Sumpter was also a member of the bronze-medal-winning U.S. team at the 2011 Pan American Games, led by 66ers head coach Nate Tibbetts this past October.
Johnson, 6-7/230, started all 36 games his senior season playing for the University of Texas. In his final season in Austin, Johnson averaged 11.5 points, 6.8 rebounds and 1.3 assists. The forward led his team in rebounding in 11 games his senior season and was named to the Big 12 All-Reserve Team.
Buycks, 6-3/190, played his final two seasons collegiately for Marquette and averaged 8.8 points and 3.1 rebounds as a senior. Playing at Indian Hills Community College as a freshman and sophomore, Buycks earned First Team NJCAA All-America honors after scoring 1,254 points in his two seasons (third all-time in school history). He was also honored as a two-time First Team All-Region honoree at Indian Hills Community College.
Morningstar, 6-4/185, played at the University of Kansas and was a part of one NCAA National Championship and three NCAA Elite Eight teams. As a senior starter, Morningstar averaged a career-best 7.1 points, 3.3 assists, 2.2 rebounds and 1.4 steals. The guard averaged .413 shooting from 3-point range during his career with the Jayhawks.
Fjeld, 6-8/215, became the 30th player in University of Vermont history to top the 1,000 point mark. The forward finished his career 24th all-time in scoring (1,085), fourth in blocks (131) and fifth in field goal percentage (54.4). Fjeld was named to the America East First Team All-Conference his senior season after averaging a career-best 14.5 points, 6.3 rebounds and 1.9 blocks per game.
Cunningham, 6-5/175, played collegiately at Lee University in Cleveland, Tenn. The forward played in 31 games (30 starts) during his senior season at Lee and averaged 12.9 points, 6.5 rebounds and 2.7 assists.
Eaton, 5-11/240, played collegiately for Oklahoma State University from 2005-2009. As a senior, the guard averaged a career-best 14.3 points, 5.7 assists, 3.7 rebounds and 2.2 steals. Also during his senior campaign, Eaton shot .400 (26-65) from beyond the arc. He was named to the All-Big 12 Third Team after his junior and senior seasons.
Barkdoll, 6-11/255, played in the Great Northwest Athletic Conference for Southern Nazarene. As a senior, the center led his team in total points (369), scoring average (13.7), field goal percentage (.664) and rebounds (8.4) per game in 27 contests (all starts).
Stallworth, 6-4/215, played from 2006-2010 for Morehead State. The guard/forward averaged 12.6 points, 5.0 rebounds, 1.3 assists and 1.3 steals in 32 minutes per game during his season campaign. Stallworth was named to the Ohio Valley Conference Second Team after his senior season.
Alexander, 6-6/225, led his team as a senior at Southern Nazarene in both points (13.0) and rebounds (6.7) per game. The guard also tallied 3.6 assists and 1.3 steals in 31 games (29 starts).
The Tulsa 66ers open training camp on Saturday, Nov. 12. The 66ers season tips off on the road with back-to-back games against the Idaho Stampede on Nov. 25 and 26.
For more information on the Tulsa 66ers, including how to purchase both single-game and full-season tickets, call the 66ers business office at (918) 585-8444 or log onto Tulsa66ers.com.
NBA Development League Stories from November 3, 2011
- Texas Legends Select Alando Tucker and Jamal Sampson in First Round - Texas Legends
- Energy Select Eight Players in NBA D-League Draft - Iowa Energy
- Stampede Select Jason Ellis with Team's First Choice - Idaho Stampede
- D-Fenders Select Jamaal Tinsley With First Pick of 2011 NBA Development League Draft - D-League
- Armor Select 7 Players in Tonight's NBA Development League Draft - Springfield Armor
- Charge Select Tyrell Biggs with the 15th Overall Pick in the 2011 NBA Development League Draft - Canton Charge
- Red Claws Select Dayton's Chris Wright in First Round - Maine Red Claws
- 2011 NBA Development League Draft Recap - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Tulsa 66ers Add 10 Players in 2011 NBA D-League - Tulsa 66ers
- Mad Ants Select Cameron Jones in First Round of 2011 Draft - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- BayHawks Draft Eight Players to Complete Training Camp Roster - Erie BayHawks
- 2011 Dakota Wizards Draft Recap - Dakota Wizards
- Los Angeles D-Fenders Announce 2011 NBA Development League Draft Selections, Camp Invitees - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Toros Select Tristan Thompson in the 2011 NBA D-League Draft - Austin Toros
- Austin Toros Trade First Pick for Texas Legends' Justin Dentmon - Austin Toros
- 15 Yr. NBA Veteran Donyell Marshall Named Red Claws Assistant Coach - Maine Red Claws
- BayHawks Acquire Veteran Forward Graves - Erie BayHawks
- Local Coach Glover Returns to Bighorns, Highlights Coaching Staff - Reno Bighorns
- Mad Ants Announce Camp Invitees - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Austin Toros Announce 2011-12 Returning Players and Camp Invitees - Austin Toros
- Legends Re-Sign Booker Woodfox and Dominique Johnson - Texas Legends
- Cisco to Power 2011 NBA Development League Draft - D-League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.