Late Goal Downs Devils in AdirondackJanuary 1, 2011 - American Hockey League (AHL) Albany Devils
Moore's goal came when a bouncing puck defected off Jeff Frazee's body and landed in the goal crease where he chipped in his second game-winning goal of the season.
The loss moves the Devils' record to 13-18-0-2, while the Phantoms improve to 9-25-2-0.
For Albany, Michael Swift extended his point streak to seven games and increased his season total to 18 points, including a team-high tying 11 goals. He now was five goals and three assists during his stretch and seven goals and four assists in the last 11 games.
The physicality of the first period set the tone for the game. There were two fights, including Dan Kelly landing a knockout blow on Marc-Andre Bourbon. Then late in the period Danny Syvret obstructed J.S. Berube into the end boards and was called for interference.
The penalty carried over into the second and Swift found the back of the net. His rebound goal from the left face-off circle was setup by Chad Wiseman and Matt Anderson and came 32 seconds into the period. The assists extended Wiseman's point streak to four games, while Anderson's goes to three games.
Adirondack responded moments later when Eric Wellwood found Michael Ryan for a back-door goal at 5:18.
Frazee, playing in his 22nd game of the season and fourth against the Phantoms, made 31 saves on 33 shots. He is now 9-10-2-2 on the season. At the other end, Brian Stewart made 18 stops on 19 tries.
The Devils will be back at it tomorrow as Syracuse comes to the Times Union Center for a 4 p.m. contest. Tickets can be purchased at the TUC box office or at any Ticketmaster outlet. Fans can also buy tickets via charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 or by visiting Ticketmaster.com.
American Hockey League Stories from January 1, 2011
- Monsters Bounce Back with Shutout Win - Lake Erie Monsters
- Aeros Rally in Final Minute, Beat Rampage 4-3 - Houston Aeros
- Last Minute Rally Puts Aeros over Rampage 4-3 - San Antonio Rampage
- Islanders Acquire Defenseman Ty Wishart - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Manitoba Drops New Year's Day Clash with Chicago 3-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Former Amerk Spoils New Year's Celebration in Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Lightning Acquire G Dwayne Roloson From Islanders - Norfolk Admirals
- New Year, Same Result Against Rivermen - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Falcons Start 2011 With Impressive Win - Springfield Falcons
- Wolves Ring In New Year With 3-2 Win In Manitoba - Chicago Wolves
- Paetsch Paces Crunch to 4-1 Win Over Rochester - Syracuse Crunch
- Monarchs Drop New Year's Ball - Manchester Monarchs
- Bulldogs Shut out by Monsters 3-0 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Whale win over Bruins - Connecticut Whale
- Allen Opens 2011 With Fifth Shutout - Peoria Rivermen
- Greg Moore Game-Winner Extends Streak - Adirondack Phantoms
- Admirals Comeback Falls Short in 4-3 Loss to Penguins - Milwaukee Admirals
- Brust the Difference as Senators Blank Checkers, 3-0 - Charlotte Checkers
- Late Goal Downs Devils in Adirondack - Albany Devils
- Aeros Sign Jed Ortmeyer - Houston Aeros
- P-Bruins Fall to Whale 6-2 - Providence Bruins
- Game Night: Amerks, Crunch Ring in the New Year Tonight at Blue Cross Arena - Rochester Americans
- Anaheim Reassigns Defenseman John de Gray from Elmira to Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Canadiens Assign Brett Festerling to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Falcons Host the Monarchs Tonight - Springfield Falcons
- Omark Assigned to Oklahoma City; Belle Recalled by Edmonton - Oklahoma City Barons
- Barons Notes for December 28 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Preview: Aeros, Rampage Kick off 2011 - Houston Aeros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.