Stanley Cup Winner Ric Jackman Comes Back to UtahOctober 19, 2010 - ECHL (ECHL) - Utah Grizzlies Press Release
"We are elated to have Ric back in Utah," said Grizzlies Head Coach Kevin Colley. "Bringing nearly 250 games of experience in the NHL and a Stanley Cup Championship to our locker room is something that is extremely rare. He will lead by example on what it takes to advance in pro hockey and win; that will be invaluable to a young team like ours."
Jackman, who was a member of the 2006-2007 Stanley Cup Champion Anaheim Ducks returns to Utah a veteran of 231 NHL games with: Dallas, Boston, Toronto, Pittsburgh, Florida and Anaheim. The Ontario native totaled 19 goals and 58 assists for 77 points and 166 penalty minutes in the NHL.
The first round selection and fifth overall pick in the 1996 NHL entry draft played 57 games with Utah in the IHL during the 2000-2001 season and had 28 points (9 goals, 19 assists) in 57 games. Jackman has played the last three seasons in Europe with teams in Austria, Sweden and Switzerland.
Jackman will be in uniform when the Grizzlies open their home schedule Friday and Saturday against Bakersfield. Face-off both evenings is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
ECHL Stories from October 19, 2010
- Salmon Kings Present "Armed Forces Night" - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Road Warriors Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thrashers Prospect McKenzie Assigned to Gwinnett - Atlanta Gladiators
- Condors Incentive Programs for Your School - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Killeen Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Wheeling Nailers
- Wheeling's Killeen Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Stanley Cup Winner Ric Jackman Comes Back to Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- Goaltender Matt Dalton Assigned to Reading - Reading Royals
- Trenton Devils Along the Boards Radio Show Returns - Trenton Devils
- Dubuc Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - Elmira Jackals
- Elmira's Dubuc Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.