All-Star CF Miguel Velazquez to Participate in Home Run DerbyJune 17, 2010 - South Atlantic League (SAL) Hickory Crawdads
The opening round of the Home Run Derby will take place at 6 p.m. on Tuesday at Fluor Field in Greenville, SC, with the final round being held following the second inning of the All-Star Game, which is set to begin at 7:15 p.m. Each Home Run Derby participant will be paired up with a fan, and the lucky fan paired up with the winner of the derby will win $25,000, courtesy of BB&T.
Velazquez leads the Crawdads in homers (10), RBIs (48), and runs scored (42). Those numbers also rank among the top-10 in the SAL. He will be joined on the field during the All-Star Game with teammates LHP Robbie Ross, RHP Trevor Hurley, LHP Robbie Erlin, and RHP Matt Thompson. Crawdads Manager Bill Richardson, Pitching Coach Brad Holman, Hitting Coach Jason Hart, and Athletic Trainer Jeff Bodenhamer will also represent Hickory, manning the dugout of the Northern Division team.
Gates open for the All-Star festivities at 5 p.m. on Tuesday.
On Friday, the Crawdads have a spectacular Friday Night Fireworks show following the game against the Greenville Drive, presented by Hickory Orthopaedic Center and WNNC 1230AM . The Crawdads are also hosting Fitness Night at the ballpark. Gates open at 6 p.m., first pitch is at 7 p.m.
Saturday night, the first 1,000 fans through the gates get a FREE T-Shirt compliments of Duck Graphics, Mountain View Chiropractic Center, and The Big Dawg 92.1FM. The 'Dads will also be hosting Ladies Night with booths for fans to sign up to win door prizes. There will be a Blood Drive held in the stadium parking lot from 3:30-7 p.m. Gates open at 6 p.m., first pitch is at 7 p.m.
Single game tickets for all Crawdads games are on sale now at the Crawdads Ticket Office and online at www.hickorycrawdads.com and start at just $6! Season tickets, mini-plans and group outings are available at the Crawdads office, located at 2500 Clement Blvd. NW or by calling (828) 322-3000.
South Atlantic League Stories from June 17, 2010
- Suns Fall in First Game of Final First-Half Series - Hagerstown Suns
- Gnats Move One Win Away from Championship with 4-1 Win - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Power Top Hagerstown, 7-5 - West Virginia Power
- BlueClaws Aren't Intimidated, Win 4-1 - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Santana Leads 'Dads past Drive, 4-0 - Hickory Crawdads
- Drive Outhit Crawdads, but Lose 4-0 - Greenville Drive
- Gnats Take MEGA Series Opener, 4-1 - Augusta GreenJackets
- 'Birds Win Fourth Straight, 3-0 over Legends - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Braves Tame RiverDogs - Rome Braves
- Delmarva Takes Series Opener over Legends, 3-0 - Lexington Legends
- Rome Quiets RiverDogs, 6-1 - Charleston RiverDogs
- Gnats Game Notes - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Gnats Katz Accepts Challenge - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Rome Adds Cunningham to Roster - Rome Braves
- Brown Accepts Savannah's MEGA Series Challenge - Augusta GreenJackets
- Shorebirds Game Notes: June 17 Vs. Lexington - Delmarva Shorebirds
- All-Star CF Miguel Velazquez to Participate in Home Run Derby - Hickory Crawdads
- Power Game Notes - West Virginia Power
- Ramirez to DL, Milo Added to Roster - Charleston RiverDogs
- Charleston Baseball Hall of Fame Releases 2010 Candidates - Charleston RiverDogs
- BlueClaws to Host Cole Bros. Circus, August 5-8 - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Series Preview: June 17-20 at Augusta - Savannah Sand Gnats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.