Moose Top Bulldogs, 3-2March 23, 2010 - American Hockey League (AHL) Manitoba Moose
With Cory Schneider in net for Manitoba and former Moose Curtis Sanford backing the Bulldogs, the two clubs faced-off in their fifth clash of the season at MTS Centre.
Tommy Maxwell's hooking penalty at 10:27 put the Bulldogs on the first powerplay of the night. Despite bringing their shot count to seven on the man-advantage, Hamilton couldn't beat Manitoba's penalty kill unit.
The powerplay tables turned in favor of the Moose at 16:56 when J.T. Wyman was handed a holding penalty of his own. Manitoba stole the shot lead during the two-minutes but like the visitors, couldn't notch an opening goal.
5:39 into the second period, the Bulldogs broke onto the scoreboard. Alex Henry's initial shot bounced off the crossbar allowing Mike Glumac to smack the disc into the open cage for a 1-0 lead.
With Alex Henry serving time for roughing, the Moose benefited from their third powerplay of the night. Marco Rosa snipped the puck from the face-off circle, beating Sanford on his blocker side, to knot the game at one.
The Bulldogs stole back their lead 36 seconds later. A two-on-one Hamilton advantage saw Mike Glumac score his second of the night when he deked Schneider for a 2-1 tally.
With 2:32 remaining in the middle frame, Marco Rosa fought his way through the visiting defence and passed the puck over to Guillaume Desbiens. The right-winger's shot was blocked by Sanford but the puck fell out of the goaltender's grasp and past the goal-line to the tie the game at two.
At 10:27 of the third period the Moose positioned themselves in the Bulldogs zone. Rookie defenceman Evan Oberg smacked the puck from inside the blue line to beat Sanford under his extended goal pad to confirm a 3-2 victory for the Moose.
LOOKING AHEAD The Moose will play close-out their home series against the Bulldogs tomorrow night.
NEXT GAME Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 7:30PM @ MTS Centre (7:30pm on CJOB Radio with Brian Munz & Jim Toth)
American Hockey League Stories from March 23, 2010
- Admirals Top Stars 3-2 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Bulldogs Defeated 3-2 By Moose - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Moose Top Bulldogs, 3-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Admirals Hang On To Edge Stars 3-2 - Texas Stars
- Alex Stalock Sets AHL Record, Sharks Win 3-1 - Worcester Sharks
- Crunch Wiped Out by Worcester - Syracuse Crunch
- Jackson Stewart From The Hannah Montana Show To Appear At Rampage Game - San Antonio Rampage
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Lee Baldwin To ATO - Connecticut Whale
- Monarchs Release Bates - Manchester Monarchs
- Falcons Announce Multiple Player Moves - Springfield Falcons
- Adirondack Ends Hershey's Home Winning Streak On Sunday - Adirondack Phantoms
- Silver Medalist To Sign Autographs Saturday, Hawks To Honor IceHogs Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Spaling Recalled From Admirals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Week Twenty Six: Chad Continues Chipping In - Syracuse Crunch
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Albany Signs Mike McKenzie To ATO - Albany River Rats
- Wolves Send Galivan To Gwinnett - Chicago Wolves
- Marlies Win Both Games Over the Weekend; Extend Winning Streak to Four Games - Toronto Marlies
- Admirals Enter Pivotal Week For Playoff Hopes - Norfolk Admirals
- Brett Sutter Recalled To Calgary Flames - Abbotsford Heat
- Crunch Recall Goaltender Dan Taylor - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Playoff Tickets On Sale Thursday - Chicago Wolves
- Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Griffins Sign Brandon Wong To ATO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Marlies Recall Forward Alex Berry From Reading - Toronto Marlies
- Rats Stumble, Remain In Second - Albany River Rats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.