Salmon Kings Assigned Bryan LeitchFebruary 19, 2010 - ECHL (ECHL) - Victoria Salmon Kings Press Release
The 6-3, 190 lb. forward will make his Salmon Kings debut tonight versus the Utah Grizzlies.
Following a standout college career Leitch signed with the Milwaukee Admirals. After Admirals' training camp he was assigned to the Cincinnati Cyclones where he began the 2009-10 season. Since that point he has also had stops with the Alaska Aces, Florida Everblades, Kalamazoo Wings and Toledo Walleye. In 38 ECHL games this season he has accumulated six goals and eight assists for 14 points while tallying 24 minutes in penalties.
The native of Coquitlam, BC spent four seasons in the NCAA with Quinnipiac University. In 157 career games played as a Bobcat he registered 169 points (53g-116a) and 124 penalty minutes. Leitch led the nation in scoring during his senior year when he notched 59 points (12g-47a). Also during his time at Quinnipiac he was named ECAC Player of the Week three times (a league record), lead the Bobcats in scoring twice, was named the ECAC Rookie of the Year (2005-06), and was nominated for the country's Hobey Baker Memorial Award for the top U.S. collegiate player.
Before beginning his career in the NCAA, Leitch spent parts of two seasons (2003-04 and 2004-05) in the British Columbia Hockey League (BCHL) with the Merritt Centennials and Coquitlam Express.
The Salmon Kings continue their series against the Grizzlies and eight-game road trip tonight and tomorrow, Saturday, February 20th. Victoria returns home to host the National Conference leading Idaho Steelheads for a three-game set with matches on Wednesday, March 10th, Friday, March 12th, and Saturday, March 13th. Puck drop for all three games at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre is 7:05 p.m. For tickets, call 250-220-7777 or visit www.selectyourtickets.com.
ECHL Stories from February 19, 2010
- Grizzlies Fall To Victoria; Rubber Game Saturday At 7 - Utah Grizzlies
- Jacks Erupt in Third for 8-1 Win - Elmira Jackals
- Devils edge Chiefs - Johnstown Chiefs
- Jackals explode past Royals with six-goal second period - Elmira Jackals
- Nailers hang tough but fall 3-1 in Cincy - Wheeling Nailers
- Stingrays Blank Gladiators 4-0 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Reign Sends Peralta To Walleye - Ontario Reign
- Everblades suffer overtime 4-3 loss - Florida Everblades
- Brian McGuirk Scorers Game-Winner in 4-3 Victory Over Florida - Kalamazoo Wings
- Del Monte Delivers Late In 3-1 Win For Cyclones - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators Blanked by Stingrays - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder "Take Pride In Stockton" Event Coming March 26 - Stockton Thunder
- Nailers Tangle With Rival Cincinnati - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Salmon Kings Assigned Bryan Leitch - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Game Preview: Condors Vs. Stockton - Bakersfield Condors
- Pierro-Zabotel, D'Aversa Reassigned To Wheeling - Wheeling Nailers
- Toledo's Keefe Fined - ECHL
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Bakersfield Condors - Stockton Thunder
- Graham Loaned To Texas - Charlotte Checkers
- Reid Starts Tonight, Doyle To AHL - Alaska Aces
- Stingrays Gameday: Stingrays Lock Horns With Gladiators On $2 Beer Night - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Jackals Game Preview: Reading At Elmira - Elmira Jackals
- Forney Called Up To AHL Chicago; Marakhovski Returns - Atlanta Gladiators
- Salmon Kings Acquire D-Man Davey - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Salmon Kings' Sharrow Loaned To Rampage - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Countdown To Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Checkers Blanked In First Ever Midnight Game - Charlotte Checkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.