Admirals Release Forward Matt SyroczynskiDecember 8, 2009 - American Hockey League (AHL) Norfolk Admirals
Syroczynski, a 6-foot-5, 225-pound forward from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, appeared in 18 games with the Admirals after being signed to a PTO on October 29. He recorded four goals and two assists with eight penalty minutes and a plus-one rating.
Syroczynski recorded his first career American Hockey League goal on November 6 at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. The 26-year-old fourth-year pro has now appeared in 21 career AHL games between Norfolk, Binghamton, Albany and Milwaukee and has four goals and three assists with ten penalty minutes in those games.
Syroczynski will return to the Fort Wayne Komets of the IHL. At the time of his signing with Norfolk, he led the Komets with four goals and six points. Syroczynski also appeared in 73 games with the Komets as a rookie in 2006-07 when Fort Wayne was in the former United Hockey League, recording 20 goals and 41 points with 106 penalty minutes.
Syroczynski has appeared in 102 career ECHL games with the Cincinnati Cyclones, recording 55 goals and 90 points with 117 penalty minutes. He was the second-leading goal scorer with the 2007-08 Cincinnati squad that captured the ECHL's Kelly Cup Championship.
Syroczynski played college hockey at Clarkson University and the University of Vermont.
Next up on the docket for the Admirals is a pair of home games against the Manitoba Moose on Friday and Saturday nights at Scope. The puck drops at 7:15 p.m. both nights. On Friday, the first 500 kids aged 12 and younger will receive a free Admirals youth jersey compliments of ITAC and WTKR NewsChannel3.
To purchase tickets to any Admirals game, you may visit the Scope Box Office weekdays from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., visit any Ticketmaster outlet, call Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000 or visit Ticketmaster online at ticketmaster.com. Don't miss a minute of the action by purchasing your 2009-10 season tickets today. Stop by the Admirals' Administrative Offices at Scope, call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or visit norfolkadmirals.com anytime!
American Hockey League Stories from December 8, 2009
- Week Ten: Shake It Up - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose, Red River College Once Again Team Up For "Respond To Reading" - Manitoba Moose
- Help Support The Salvation Army Food Drive At Copps Coliseum Over The Next Three Home Games - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Monarchs, E&R Cleaners Partner for Successful Coat Drive - Manchester Monarchs
- Aston, Calla Continue Reading Program Wednesday Night - Rochester Americans
- Local Boys Walters And Fitzpatrick Give Back - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Announce Details Of 'Tiger Woods Foursome' Ticket Package - Syracuse Crunch
- Walt Smith 1939-2009 - Hershey Bears
- Coyotes Re-Assign Boedker To San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Sharks Goaltender Alex Stalock's W6 Tribute Mask Auction Concludes On Wednesday - Worcester Sharks
- Piche To Toledo, Walsh Re-Signed - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Carlsson Recalled From Toledo - Rockford IceHogs
- Worcester Sharks "Be A Leader" Program Returns To Elm Park Elementary School In Worcester On Thursda - Worcester Sharks
- Amerks Assign Defenseman Matt Duffy To Florida Everblades - Rochester Americans
- River Rats Play Another Three-In-Three This Weekend - Albany River Rats
- Marlies Look to Build Off Thrilling OT Win on Saturday with Two Home Games This Week - Toronto Marlies
- Admirals Release Forward Matt Syroczynski - Norfolk Admirals
- Columbus Acquires Defenseman Brendan Bell And Center Tomas Kana From St. Louis In Exchange For Right - Syracuse Crunch
- Texas Sends Gazdic To Idaho - Texas Stars
- Falcons Sign Ronald Petrovicky To PTO Contract - Springfield Falcons
- Blues Acquire Pascal Pelletier For Brendan Bell - Peoria Rivermen
- Canadiens Recall Ryan White From Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Holzapfel Promotes Reading Program - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Reassign King To Rapid City; Mior Released From PTO - Rochester Americans
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Worcester Sharks W6 Tribute Jersey Auction On Ebay - Worcester Sharks
- Griffins Host Three Games In Four Nights - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.