Senators Player MovesJuly 20, 2009 - Eastern League (EL) Harrisburg Senators
The Senators are receiving from Potomac RH Jeff Mandel and LHP Atahualpa Severino. Both pitchers are joining the Senators for the first time.
Mandel was 6-6 with a 3.68 ERA in 17 starts with Potomac. He was selected in the 19th round of the 2007 draft by the Nationals. Severino was 0-4 with a 3.96 ERA in 26 games as a reliever. He was originally signed as a non-drafted free agent 2/13/04 by the Nationals.
With these moves the Sens roster stands at 24 active, 2 on the DL and 1 MLB rehab.
Eastern League Stories from July 20, 2009
- 'Wolves move to second place with 6-2 win - Erie SeaWolves
- Cats walk off with 5-4 win over Trenton - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Senators walk over Baysox - Bowie Baysox
- New Hampshire stuns Trenton 5-4 in extras - Trenton Thunder
- Erie downs Aeros again, win 6-2 - Erie SeaWolves
- Senators offer state employees discount tickets - Harrisburg Senators
- Explosive second inning leads B-Mets to 11-5 win - Binghamton Mets
- Portland blasts Cats in opener, 19-1 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Defenders Fall 11-5 - Connecticut Defenders
- Portland Pounds Rock Cats, 19-1 - New Britain Rock Cats
- Curve take opener 8-2 over Reading - Altoona Curve
- Rock Cats make four transactions - New Britain Rock Cats
- John Ely Wins Pitcher of the Week - Binghamton Mets
- Senators Player Moves - Harrisburg Senators
- Buck Night Tonight! - Erie SeaWolves
- Aerodynamics - Akron Aeros
- Two Tickets for the Price of One! - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Celebration of Negro Leagues Night Next Monday, July 27 - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Holt Named Eastern League Pitcher of the Week - Binghamton Mets
- Eastern League Names Players of the Week - EL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.