Hockey Hair Invades Manchester For "Rock The Mullet Night"February 19, 2009 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Manchester Monarchs Press Release
Mullet Night and the celebration of hockey hair sprung onto the scene in 2003 when the Monarchs honored the "business in the front, party in the back" hairstyle that was made popular by both professional athletes and entertainers. In recognition of the history of the mullet through the years and following last season's "Mullet Night - Redneck Edition", the Monarchs are honoring the hair bands of the 80s next month for keeping hockey hair cool for all these years. It's the hair bands of Cinderella, White Snake, Motley Crue, Poison and Guns N' Roses that waved their locks to the flow of the jam and kept the "cool" of this renowned hairdo.
"The free-flowing, head-banging, hard rocking of the '10-90' hairdo really came into it's own in the 1980's," said Monarchs President Jeff Eisenberg. "It is the rock musicians that united hockey hair and music. We are paying tribute to that union of great hair and great music on March 14."
"Rock The Mullet Night" will be filled with all the rocking essentials including a live rock performance, music, on-ice entertainment as well as the distribution of 3,500 rocker mullets with hair only fit for that of a rock star. So dust off your old mullet wigs, throw on your most legendary rock star outfit and join the Monarchs for another unforgettable Mullet Night.
Tickets for "Rock The Mullet Night" are on sale now and may be purchased at the Verizon Wireless Arena box office, by calling the Monarchs at (603) 626-7825 or by visiting www.manchestermonarchs.com.
American Hockey League Stories from February 19, 2009
- Aeros Win Fifth Straight, Defeat Chops 4-3 - Houston Aeros
- Brent's Trickery Leads Rockford Past Ads - Rockford IceHogs
- Pirates Announce Ticket Plans for 2009-10 - Portland Pirates
- Hockey Hair Invades Manchester For "Rock The Mullet Night" - Manchester Monarchs
- Regan Reassigned to Providence - Providence Bruins
- Sound Tigers Game Tomorrow Night Postponed - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Panthers Assign Beckford-Tseu to Florida Everblades - Rochester Americans
- River Rats Game Postponed - Albany River Rats
- AHL announces schedule change; Statement from league president David Andrews - AHL
- Statement From River Rats President & C.E.O. Garen Szablewski - Albany River Rats
- Hogs Hope To Heat Up Against Division's Top Team - Rockford IceHogs
- IceHogs Release Blackwater from PTO - Rockford IceHogs
- Saturday Night's Wolf Pack Game to be Broadcast Live on WTIC NewsTalk 1080 - Connecticut Whale
- B-Sens Sign Left Wing Benoit Doucet - Binghamton Senators
- Houston Aeros look to extend win streak, face Iowa tonight - Houston Aeros
- Wolf Pack Release Forward Matt Stefanishion from PTO - Connecticut Whale
- Moose recall Ramsey from Victoria - Manitoba Moose
- Stars recall Sawada from Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Don't Miss The ZOOperstars In The Jungle - Manchester Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.