Brewer drives in five, Power winApril 22, 2008 - South Atlantic League (SAL) West Virginia Power
Brewer snapped a scoreless tie in the top of the second on a clutch two-out, three-run triple. He struck again two innings later with a two-run double and scored later in the fourth on Jonathan Lucroy's sacrifice fly. The Legends scored their only two runs in the bottom of the fourth. Jonathan Fixler drove in the first run on a double and scored later in the inning on Nick Moresi's base-hit.
The Power added two more runs. In the seventh Curt Rindal scored on Ronald Ramirez's throwing error and in the eighth Zelous Wheeler walked with the bases loaded to bring in another insurance run. Zach Braddock began the game for West Virginia, making his first start since June 15th of last year. Braddock threw 44 pitches in two scoreless innings and didn't allow a hit while walking two and striking out three.
Nick Tyson (1-1) tossed five strong innings of relief. He gave up a pair of runs on seven hits and struck out two to get the victory. Sergio Severino (1-1) left the game after throwing 75 pitches in three innings and allowed three runs on three hits to get tagged for the loss.
The Power improved to 6-13 with the win and the Legends fell to 6-13 with the loss. Eight of the starting nine for West Virginia reached base more than once and all nine reached at least once. The Power are 3-1 over their last four games and they've outscored their opponents 39-17 during that stretch.
The Power will finish their four game series with the Lexington Legends at Applebee's Park on Wednesday night. Right hander R.J. Seidel (0-1, 5.56) will get the start for the Power and the Legends will counter with right hander Colt Adams (1-1, 4.05). The first pitch is scheduled for 7:05 PM.
For more information contact the Power Front Offices at (304) 344-2287 or visit the Power website at www.wvpower.com.
South Atlantic League Stories from April 22, 2008
- Captains Score 18 Runs, 'Birds Committ 11 errors in Double Header - Delmarva Shorebirds
- 'Dogs battle back, beat the Gnats - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Demmink and Brown Power BlueClaws Past Suns - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Legends can't shake home blues, lose 8-2 - Lexington Legends
- Alexander Suffers First Defeat in 8-1 Loss to Kannapolis - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Brewer drives in five, Power win - West Virginia Power
- Suns Recap for April 22nd, 2008 - Hagerstown Suns
- Greensboro Game Notes: April 22 - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- BlueClaws ALS Fundraiser On May 21st - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Tourists Searching For Creative Thirsty Thursday T-Shirt - Asheville Tourists
- Reza Promoted to Pawtucket; Tejeda Received from Extended Spring - Greenville Drive
- Dub, "Sir Purr," & "Rufus" To Headline Mascot Mania, Friday, April 25th - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Mike Jones Named SAL Player of the Week - Greenville Drive
- Columbus Outmatched in Series Finale - Columbus Catfish
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.