Forward Justin Keller to Represent Admirals at AHL All-Star ClassicJanuary 23, 2008 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Norfolk Admirals Press Release
Keller, 21, is a 5'11", 185-pound forward from Nelson, British Columbia. The second-year pro is tied for the Norfolk lead in power play goals (7), ranks third in goals (9) and is fifth in points (19). Since November 21, Keller has the second-most points on the team with 17 (8-9-17) in 25 games.
Keller was an eighth-round draft pick of the Lightning in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft. He made his pro debut last season with the AHL's Springfield Falcons, scoring 13 goals and adding 11 assists in 60 games. His 13 goals, four power play goals and 24 points led all Springfield rookies. In 99 career American Hockey League games, Keller has scored 22 goals and added 21 assists for 43 points with 48 penalty minutes.
Prior to turning pro, Keller played three seasons with the Kelowna Rockets of the Western Hockey League. In 216 games with Kelowna, Keller scored 107 goals and 80 assists. He led the WHL with 51 goals in 2005-06 and scored the Memorial Cup winning goal with the Rockets in 2004.
The 2008 AHL All-Star Classic presented by Reebok will take place Sunday and Monday at the Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena in Binghamton, N.Y. The event will begin with the 2008 CCM AHL All-Star Skills Competition on Sunday, and conclude with the 2008 AHL All-Star Game on Monday. T he event can be seen live and at no charge via B2 Networks' broadband video on theahl.com.
American Hockey League Stories from January 23, 2008
- Admirals Stop Rampage in Overtime - Milwaukee Admirals
- Regier scores second goal in as many games to lead the Sound Tigers to victory - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rockford D Can't Stop Rivermen Onslaught - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Rally in Milwaukee to Take a Point - San Antonio Rampage
- Bulldogs Spook Monsters in Shootout - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rivermen Skin Hogs 6-1 - Peoria Rivermen
- Taylor's Shutout Snaps Six Game Home Losing Streak - Manchester Monarchs
- Blinded By The Orange - Adirondack Phantoms
- Amerks Torched By Flames, Lose Sixth Straight - Rochester Americans
- Devils See Penguins Come Back To Win, 3-2 - Albany Devils
- Hartford Blanks Albany 1-0 - Albany River Rats
- Admirals Taste Sweet Victory in Hershey - Norfolk Admirals
- Penguins Come Back To Post 3-2 Win In Lowell - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Taylor Shines As Monarchs Drop Sharks, 2-0 - Worcester Sharks
- Rivermen at IceHogs tonight - Peoria Rivermen
- Atlanta Pulls Up a Pair of Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Zenon Konopka to Appear on WCNY's 'Food for Thought' - January 24 - Syracuse Crunch
- Goligoski added to PlanetUSA All-Star Team - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Dallas Stars Assign Right Wing B.J. Crombeen to Iowa - Iowa Chops
- Forward Justin Keller to Represent Admirals at AHL All-Star Classic - Norfolk Admirals
- Goligoski, Keller added to rosters for 2008 AHL All-Star Classic presented by Reebok - AHL
- North Division Leading Marlies End Road Trip And Return Home - Toronto Marlies
- Blues Recall Stastny - Peoria Rivermen
- Worcester Sharks sign Mathieu Curadeau to PTO - Worcester Sharks
- Marc Methot Assigned to Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Aeros host MLS Champion Houston Dynamo on Friday, January 25 - Houston Aeros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.