Zephyrs Turn Tables
The Oklahoma City RedHawks lost 3-0 to the New Orleans Zephyrs Wednesday night at AT&T Bricktown Ballpark. One night after the RedHawks blanked the Zephyr's 3-0, the visitors returned the favor and sent Oklahoma City to its eight shutout loss of the year.
New Orleans took a 1-0 advantage in the second when Jai Miller drove in Michael Ryan with a double. Miller added a second run batted in with a sacrifice fly in the fourth inning, while Alejandro De Aza brought home the final run with a base hit in the fifth inning.
Zephyrs starter Andrew Miller shut down the RedHawks on three hits over six innings and struck out eight RedHawks before giving way to the bullpen. Oklahoma City only had multiple runners on base at the same time once in the game when Royce Huffman reached on an error and Travis Metcalf singled in the six.
Bryan Corey (6-9) took the loss after surrendering three runs on ten hits over eight innings. Miller (1-2) earned the win in his first appearance since July 29 after spending the month of August on the Zephyrs disabled list. Brett Sinkbeil pitched two perfect innings and Matt DeSalvo tossed a scoreless ninth to earn the save and complete the seventh New Orleans shutout of the year.
Oklahoma City was held to three hits and three walks in the loss, their first against the Zephyrs since June 14, snapping a six game winning streak against New Orleans. Three different Zephyr's had two hits apiece in the win.
The RedHawks conclude the home portion of their 2009 schedule on Thursday night against the Zephyrs. Luis Mendoza and Hayden Penn are the slated starters for Oklahoma City and New Orleans with a 7:05 pm first pitch at AT&T Bricktown Ballpark scheduled.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from September 2, 2009
- Sky Sox Maintain Stranglehold On Division Lead, Top Beavers, 12-9 - Portland Beavers
- Zephyrs Turn Tables - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Z's blank Redhawks - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds Fall To Memphis, 5-1 - Nashville Sounds
- Buster Posey Earns September Call-Up - Fresno Grizzlies
- Norris Named 2009 PCL Pitcher of the Year - Round Rock Express
- Express' Norris Named 2009 PCL Pitcher of the Year - PCL
- Aces Jump On Cats Early, Hang On For 8-6 Win - Reno Aces
- Tacoma Whipped 10-1 - Tacoma Rainiers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Dodgers Stories
- Statement from the Oklahoma City Dodgers
- OKC Dodgers Hosting Sixth Annual Fan Fest March 28
- OKC Dodgers Single-Game Tickets on Sale Now
- Annual OKC Dodgers High School Baseball Series Returns this Week
- OKC Dodgers Announce Special Promotions for 2020 Home Schedule