Z's blank Redhawks
The Z's Andrew Miller pitched six shutout innings as the Zephyrs shutout the Oklahoma City Redhawks 3-0 at Bricktown Ballpark. The Z's were shutout on Tuesday night but returned the favor on Wednesday. Miller pitched six innings, Brett Sinkbeil worked two scoreless innings and Matt DeSalvo earned the save pitching the ninth.
Jai Miller ripped a second inning double that scored Michael Ryan to score the games first run. Miller added a sacrifice fly in the fourth. The Z's out-hit the Redhawks 11-3 for the game.
The Zephyrs wrap up the longest roadtrip in franchise history on Thursday night. The Z's are 7-7 on the trip.
Game Notes: The Z's picked up their 7th shutout of the season and 6th in last 17 games. Jai Miller picked up his 24th RBI in 25 career games against Oklahoma City. New Orleans improved to 33-56 in games decided by three runs or less, the worst record in the PCL.
Coming Up: The Zephyrs and RedHawks conclude a four game set from Oklahoma City on Thursday at 7:05. The Zephyrs will start RH Hayden Penn against RH Luis Mendoza for OKC. RADIO: AM 690 WIST
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from September 2, 2009
- Sky Sox Maintain Stranglehold On Division Lead, Top Beavers, 12-9 - Portland Beavers
- Zephyrs Turn Tables - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Z's blank Redhawks - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds Fall To Memphis, 5-1 - Nashville Sounds
- Buster Posey Earns September Call-Up - Fresno Grizzlies
- Norris Named 2009 PCL Pitcher of the Year - Round Rock Express
- Express' Norris Named 2009 PCL Pitcher of the Year - PCL
- Aces Jump On Cats Early, Hang On For 8-6 Win - Reno Aces
- Tacoma Whipped 10-1 - Tacoma Rainiers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.