Zephyrs' Miller Named PCL All-Star Trainer
Metairie, LA - New Orleans Zephyrs athletic trainer Steve Miller has been named the Pacific Coast League's trainer for the Triple-A All-Star Game, to be played Wednesday, July 14 at Lehigh Valley's Coca-Cola Park.
Miller is in his ninth season in the Florida Marlins organization, and sixth as the trainer with the Triple-A affiliate. He joined the organization in 2002 with Class A Kane County before moving on to Greensboro in 2004, Carolina in 2004, and Albuquerque in 2005. This will be the second time Miller has served as the PCL's All-Star Game trainer; he did so in 2007 when the game was played in Albuquerque.
Joining Miller on the PCL staff will be Tacoma Rainiers manager Daren Brown, Salt Lake Bees pitching coach Erik Bennett and Memphis Redbirds hitting coach Mark Budaska. The Pacific Coast League and International League All-Stars will meet on Wednesday, July 14 at 7:00 p.m. Eastern. The game will be shown nationally on MLB Network.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 18, 2010
- Record breaking inning powers Z's - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Homers Sink Express 5-1 In 11 Innings - Round Rock Express
- Iowa defeats Albuquerque - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds Take Down RedHawks In Series Opener, 10-4 - Nashville Sounds
- PGE Park, Portland Beavers Present Fourth of July Fireworks - Portland Beavers
- 'Birds, Sounds Set for Double Dips - Memphis Redbirds
- Zephyrs' Miller Named PCL All-Star Trainer - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- San Diego Padres to Hold June 24 Open Player Tryout at PGE Park - Portland Beavers
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- 2010 Triple-A All-Star Field Staffs Announced - PCL
- River Cats Rally For 8-6 Victory Over Aces - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.