'Birds, Sounds Set for Double Dips
MEMPHIS, TN - A doubleheader between Memphis and Nashville was rained out last night at Greer Stadium in Nashville and the two games will be made up at AutoZone Park.
Redbirds and Sounds will play two doubleheaders over the next few weeks. The first double dip will be Wednesday, June 23 with first pitch scheduled for 6:05 p.m. and gates opening at 5:30 p.m. The second doubleheader will be Friday, July 9 with the first game slated for 6:05 p.m. with gates again opening at 5:30 p.m. All four games of the two doubleheaders will be scheduled seven-inning games.
Memphis returns home in first place to begin an eight-game homestand tonight against New Orleans. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. with Redbirds right-hander Lance Lynn set to face New Orleans right-hander Brian Lawrence. Tonight's game will feature a salute to our Armed Forces and be televised on local Comcast. For ticket information call 901.721.6000 or visit memphisredbirds.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 18, 2010
- Record breaking inning powers Z's - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Homers Sink Express 5-1 In 11 Innings - Round Rock Express
- Iowa defeats Albuquerque - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds Take Down RedHawks In Series Opener, 10-4 - Nashville Sounds
- PGE Park, Portland Beavers Present Fourth of July Fireworks - Portland Beavers
- 'Birds, Sounds Set for Double Dips - Memphis Redbirds
- Zephyrs' Miller Named PCL All-Star Trainer - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- San Diego Padres to Hold June 24 Open Player Tryout at PGE Park - Portland Beavers
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- 2010 Triple-A All-Star Field Staffs Announced - PCL
- River Cats Rally For 8-6 Victory Over Aces - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Memphis Redbirds Stories
- AutoZone Park to Host Free Movie Night Presented by Terminix
- MLB Names Peter B. Freund to Guide Transition of Licensed Affiliates
- Memphis Redbirds Statement on Season Cancellation
- Minor League Baseball Delays Start of 2020 Season
- Redbirds Single-Game Tickets on Sale