San Diego Padres to Hold June 24 Open Player Tryout at PGE Park
PORTLAND, Ore. - The San Diego Padres, in conjunction with the Portland Beavers, will hold an open player tryout at PGE Park on Thursday, June 24, at 8:30 a.m.
All interested baseball players between the ages of 16 and 22 who were not drafted this year are encouraged to attend.
The camp is free with no registration or tryout fees involved. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. at PGE Park. Arriving players should enter through Gate 35 at PGE Park, located at the top of the roadway in center field between the Multnomah Athletic Club and PGE Park off 18th Ave. Tryouts will continue until approximately 12 noon.
Players currently participating in American Legion summer baseball must have a permission slip signed by a head coach or the commander of the Legion post the player represents. All players under the age of 18 must have a waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian to participate. To obtain a waiver ahead of the tryout, email Padres scout Justin Baughman at firstname.lastname@example.org; waivers will be available on the day of the tryout also.
The Padres and Beavers will supply baseballs, batting helmets, wood bats and one set of catching gear. Participants are encouraged to bring their own wood bats, but no metal bats. Players must supply all other playing equipment.
Interested spectators are welcome to attend the tryout and sit in the designated seating section near the dugout upon arrival.
PGE Park is located at 1844 S.W. Morrison in downtown Portland.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 18, 2010
- Record breaking inning powers Z's - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Homers Sink Express 5-1 In 11 Innings - Round Rock Express
- Iowa defeats Albuquerque - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds Take Down RedHawks In Series Opener, 10-4 - Nashville Sounds
- PGE Park, Portland Beavers Present Fourth of July Fireworks - Portland Beavers
- 'Birds, Sounds Set for Double Dips - Memphis Redbirds
- Zephyrs' Miller Named PCL All-Star Trainer - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- San Diego Padres to Hold June 24 Open Player Tryout at PGE Park - Portland Beavers
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- 2010 Triple-A All-Star Field Staffs Announced - PCL
- River Cats Rally For 8-6 Victory Over Aces - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Beavers Stories
- Statement from Merritt Paulson regarding ownership of the Portland Beavers
- Beavers, Timbers Community Fund Again Recognized by Corporate Philanthropy Awards
- Beavers Win Final Game at PGE Park in Dramatic Fashion
- Young, Geer Combine on Three-Hitter as Beavers Beat 51's
- Portland held to four hits in 9-1 loss