You Can Sing in the Rain But Not Play Ball
KANSAS CITY - Kan. - You may be able to sing in the rain, but for the Kansas City T-Bones, the rain made it impossible to play the final game of the three-game series with the Cleburne Railroaders Sunday at T-Bones Stadium. The rain forecast for the Kansas City Metro Area was for plenty of rain, and the forecast was dead on. The teams waited for over three hours for the rains to break but to no avail.
As a result, the game was cancelled and will not be made up. It was the last scheduled game between the two clubs this season, and the two teams do not share any off days to make the game up later this season. The T-Bones will play 99 games instead of 100 this season. The T-Bones did pad their lead in the American Association Wild Card playoff race with the rainout, and the fact that Wichita lost 4-2 Sunday to Chicago as well also helped. KC now leads the race by three games and with their 53- 31 record, they are still on pace to possibly tie or break the franchise win total record of 58. Fans holding tickets to today's game can use their ticket for any other T-Bones regular season home game this season.
The T-Bones will head to Lincoln, following an off-day Monday, to open a three-game series with the Saltdogs on Tuesday night at 6:45 pm. The teams will play a day/night double header on Wednesday the 22nd of August with game one beginning at 11:05 am and game two starting at 6:45 pm. All the games can be heard on the T-Bones Broadcast Network.
The T-Bones return home for a 9-game homestand Thursday August 23rd, August 31st. That series will feature Salute to Sandlot Night, Shirt off our backs night, Fireworks, Bark in the Park, STEM Education Day and much more.
Individual, season, or group tickets, mini-plans and nightly party suites are on sale now and can be purchased by visiting the Box Office at T-Bones Stadium or 24/7 at www.tbonesbaseball.com. Box office hours are 10:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday - Friday and 10:00 am to 2:00 pm Saturday.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 19, 2018
- Canaries Come from Behind for Road Win over RailCats - Sioux Falls Canaries
- You Can Sing in the Rain But Not Play Ball - Kansas City T-Bones
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Dogs Sweep Wingnuts with 4-2 Win - Chicago Dogs
- RailCats Squander Four-Run Lead in Series - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Explorers Sweep Goldeyes at Home - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Wichita Offense Held in Check Again - Wichita Wingnuts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City T-Bones Stories
- T-Bones Perio Jr Named Championship MVP
- T-Bones Win with a Grand Slam; Chance to Clinch Championship Title Saturday
- T-Bones Host American Association Championship Games
- T-Bones Return Home for Championship Series
- Saints Make T-Bones Suffer in Game 2 of Championship Series