American Association Game Recaps
August 19, 2018 - American Association (AA) News Release
Chicago 4, Wichita 2- Box Score
The Chicago Dogs (37-47) edged the Wichita Wingnuts (51-35) 4-2 on Sunday.
Ruben Silva drove in three of the Dogs' runs despite going 0-for-2 at the plate. Stephen Perez drove in a Chicago run as well with an RBI triple.
Angel Reyes and Leo Vargas drove in a runner each for the Wingnuts.
After the loss, Wichita fell three games back of the Kansas City T-Bones for the final playoff spot in the South Division.
Sioux City 6, Winnipeg 2- Box Score
The Sioux City Explorers (63-22) kept their possibly historic season rolling with a 6-2 win over the Winnipeg Goldeyes (36-50) on Sunday.
Nate Samson (1 RBI), Dean Green (3), Jay Baum (1) and Dexture McCall (1) all drove in runners for the Explorers.
The Goldeyes scored both of their runs on a two run home run by Grant Heyman.
Sioux City now needs 13 wins to break their own league record for wins of 75 which was set in 2015.
Sioux Falls 6, Gary SouthShore 4- Box Score
The Sioux Falls Canaries (35-51) broke a 4-4 tie in the top of the ninth to down the Gary SouthShore RailCats (48-36) 6-4 on Sunday.
Mitch Glasser (2-for-4) picked up his second and third RBIs of the game to break the tie. Dan Motl, David Bergin, and Maxx Garrett also drove in runners for the Canaries.
Andy Dejesus went 1-for-4 with a two-run triple for the RailCats.
The loss put Gary SouthShore in a tie with the St. Paul Saints for first in the North Division.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 19, 2018
- Canaries Come from Behind for Road Win over RailCats - Sioux Falls Canaries
- You Can Sing in the Rain But Not Play Ball - Kansas City T-Bones
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Dogs Sweep Wingnuts with 4-2 Win - Chicago Dogs
- RailCats Squander Four-Run Lead in Series - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Explorers Sweep Goldeyes at Home - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Wichita Offense Held in Check Again - Wichita Wingnuts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.