Worcester Sharks Team up with March of Dimes on April 6 at DCU
Worcester, MA - Worcester Sharks president Michael A. Mudd announced today that the Worcester Sharks will host March of Dimes Night on Saturday, April 6 at 7pm when the Sharks host the Springfield Falcons.
New England Revolution netminder Matt Reis will appear and sign autographs from 6-8pm inside the DCU Center concourse. The Worcester Sharks will wear a specially designed purple and black March of Dimes jersey which will be auctioned off during and after the game. A few jerseys will be auctioned off the following week on eBay.
A portion of the ticket proceeds will aid the March of Dimes mission to improve the health of babies.
The festivities will get underway with the ceremonial dropping of the puck by the Turcottes of Webster, a March of Dimes Ambassador Family. Throughout the game, the March of Dimes will also be hosting an information table and there will be a special performance by The Help Wanted Band.
"Partnerships with organizations like the Sharks are very important to the March of Dimes and our mission to help save babies. We are very excited to once again join forces with such a community-focused organization and to inform and educate the thousands of Sharks fans and families about the crisis of premature birth," said Ed Doherty, March of Dimes State Director.
A portion of the ticket proceeds will be donated to the March of Dimes. Tickets can be purchased online at www.sharksahl.com/tickets or by calling the Sharks office at 508.929.0500.
"The Worcester Sharks are proud to partner with such a great organization in the March of Dimes again this season," said Mudd. "The March of Dimes specialty jersey looks great and we are excited to get the word out about March of Dimes and raise money for their terrific cause."
The Sharks game will officially kick-off the March for Babies walks which are held in five locations throughout Massachusetts in April, May and June. The Worcester March for Babies event will be held on April 28 at City Hall Plaza. Registration begins at 9 a.m. and the walk begins at 10 a.m. To register for the walk please visit www.marchforbabies.org.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 2, 2013
- Stanton, Karlsson Lead Hogs to Victory - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Fall Behind Early, Drop 6-3 Decision to Chicago - San Antonio Rampage
- Francis Pare Has Historic Night in Griffins 5-1 Victory over Aeros - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Fall to Rockford 2-1 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Strome Leads Sound Tigers to Win over Sharks - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wolves Start Six-Game Road Trip with 6-3 Triumph at San Antonio - Chicago Wolves
- Falcons' Winning Streak Doused By Devils - Springfield Falcons
- Barons Beat Bulldogs 4-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Admirals' Comeback Falls One Goal Short vs. Penguins - Norfolk Admirals
- Griffins Skate Past Aeros 5-1 - Houston Aeros
- Paradis Dealt to Tampa Bay - Rockford IceHogs
- Penguins Hold on for Road Win over Admirals - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sharks Skid Hits Five Games After 4-2 Loss to Sound Tigers - Worcester Sharks
- Devils Winners at Springfield - Albany Devils
- Lightning Acquire LW Philippe Paradis from Blackhawks - Syracuse Crunch
- Dallas Makes Seven Player Moves with Texas Stars; Cameron Signs SPC - Texas Stars
- Dallas Stars Acquire Cameron Gaunce from Colorado in for Tomas Vincour - Texas Stars
- Cundari Joins Heat; Howse and Martin to Utah - Abbotsford Heat
- Kings Trade Drewiske - Manchester Monarchs
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Johan Larsson from the Houston Aeros - Houston Aeros
- Blues Place Oshie on IR, Recall Allen and Cracknell - Peoria Rivermen
- Canadiens Assign Nathan Beaulieu to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Amerks Enter Home Stretch of Regular Season as Playoff Race Heats Up - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Recall D Nick Schaus from ECHL, Sign D Kevin Gagne to Amateur Tryout Contract - Norfolk Admirals
- AHL Weekly - AHL
- Dan Miner Bobbleheads Unveiled - Adirondack Phantoms
- Admirals Raise More Than $60,000 in 13th Annual MDA Jersey Auction - Norfolk Admirals
- Oilers Acquire Garrett Stafford from Washington for Dane Byers - Oklahoma City Barons
- Crunch to Wear Orange in Support of Syracuse University Final Four Appearance - Syracuse Crunch
- Nashville Predators Recall Mueller from Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Bruins Acquire Jaromir Jagr From Dallas - Providence Bruins
- Matthew Roeder of Victor Wins 2012-13 Thomas M. Nichols Scholarship - Rochester Americans
- SJ Sharks Sign Crane, Nieto, Tarasov and Tierney - Worcester Sharks
- Forward Dane Byers Joins Hershey Bears - Hershey Bears
- Midwest Division Showdown Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Connauton Included in Roy Trade - Chicago Wolves
- Schroeder Returned to Chicago - Chicago Wolves
- Reduce Carbon Footprint and Win IceCaps Memorabilia - St. John's IceCaps
- Worcester Sharks Team up with March of Dimes on April 6 at DCU - Worcester Sharks
- Forward Joel Rechlicz Returns to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Pirates Acquire Matt Clackson from Hershey - Portland Pirates
- Panthers Recall Forward Greg Rallo from Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Blackhawks Reassign Hayes and Morin - Rockford IceHogs
- Pirates Sign Justin Feser to Amateur Tryout Contract - Portland Pirates
- Sabres Recall Defenseman Adam Pardy from Rochester - Rochester Americans
- IceCaps Centre Aaron Gagnon Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month - St. John's IceCaps
- Niklas Svedberg Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month - Providence Bruins
- Gagnon, Svedberg, Leggio Named American Hockey League Award Winners - AHL
- Amerks' David Leggio Named Ccm/AHL Goaltender of the Month - Rochester Americans
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield Vs. Albany, Game #67 - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.