Wolves Struggle Down Stretch, Drop Contest to Bulls
Hoffman Estates, Ill. - Up by as many as 12 points in the fourth quarter, the Iowa Wolves (18-23) failed to keep the lead, falling 102-97 to the Windy City Bulls (21-22) Wednesday night at the Sears Centre Arena.
The loss marked the Wolves ninth straight dating back to Feb. 8.
Anthony Brown tallied a team-high 22 points and season-high 10 assists in his third double-double of the season and first since Nov. 17. Brown shot 9-of-17 from the field while hitting a team-high three three-pointers.
Wes Washpun logged a season-high 43 minutes, making the most of his opportunity while finishing with a new career-high of 20 points. The Northern Iowa alum also recorded six rebounds, three assists and two steals in the loss.
Iowa trailed by as many as 14 points in the first quarter but rallied to outscore the Bulls 56-42 in the next two frames. However, a 16-point fourth quarter offensive output doomed the Wolves to their eighth straight road loss.
Minnesota Timberwolves' first round draft pick Justin Patton finished with 18 points and 9 rebounds while shooting 9-of-20 from the floor. Patton lead the Wolves in the first half with 12 points.
Two-way forward Amile Jefferson registered his league-leading 30th double-double, finishing with 16 points and 15 rebounds while shooting 50.0% or better from the floor in his sixth straight contest.
Aside from Washpun, the Wolves bench shot a meager 5-of-21 from the floor.
Defensively, Iowa held Windy City to 39.0% shooting from the floor and just 23.0% from deep.
Two-way guard and NBA G League scoring leader Antonio Blakeney led the way once again for the Bulls, pouring in a game-high 30 points along with five assists and three rebounds. Two-way guards Ryan Arcidiacono and Blakeney combined for 51 of the teams' 102 total points.
The Wolves continue their four-game road trip against the Oklahoma City Blue on Saturday night at 7:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 7, 2018
- Blakeny Scores 1,000th-Point, Windy City Beats Iowa 102-97 - Windy City Bulls
- Wolves Struggle Down Stretch, Drop Contest to Bulls - Iowa Wolves
- Blue's Rally Falls Short on Field Trip Day - Oklahoma City Blue
- Iowa Wolves 2018-19 New Memberships on Sale Today - Iowa Wolves
- 87ers Dropped by Drive - Delaware Blue Coats
- Delaware 87ers to Host Dinosaur Adventure Night Presented by Highmark Delaware - Delaware Blue Coats
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Ousmane Drame - Westchester Knicks
- Corn Week Scheduled for March 12th - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- RGV Vipers Stomp the Mad Ants - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Drive Dominate Fourth Quarter in Win over Delaware - Grand Rapids Drive
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Iowa Wolves Release 2018-19 Season Schedule
- Iowa Wolves Announce Local Player Tryouts in Des Moines and Minneapolis
- Timberwolves Sign C.J. Williams to Two-Way Contract
- Iowa Wolves Announce Five-Year Lease Extension with Polk County and Spectra Venue Management
- Timberwolves Sign Jared Terrell to Two-Way Contract