Wolves Sign Trio To Amateur Tryout Contracts
The Chicago Wolves have signed defensemen BEN CHIAROT (CHAIR-awt) and CODY SOL (SOLE) and goaltender EDWARD PASQUALE (pas-KWAHL-ee) to Amateur Tryout Contracts (ATO).
CHIAROT completed his third Ontario Hockey League season on March 24 when the Sudbury Wolves were swept, 4-games-to-0, by the Barrie Colts in the first round of the OHL's Eastern Conference Championship. He recorded one goal and six penalty minutes in four postseason games.
The 18-year-old defenseman split the regular season between the Guelph Storm (OHL) and Sudbury, registering career-highs with eight goals, 13 assists, 21 points in 67 contests this season. He also collected a career-most 167 penalty minutes, which ranked fifth in the OHL. Overall, the Atlanta Thrashers fifth choice, 120th overall, in the 2009 National Hockey League Entry Draft recorded 10 goals, 33 points and 292 penalty minutes in 165 career OHL games with Guelph and Sudbury, spanning three seasons (2007-10).
SOL completed his third season with the OHL's Saginaw Spirit on March 28 when they were eliminated by the Kitchener Rangers, 4-games-to-2, in the first round of the OHL's Western Conference Championship. He accrued eight penalty minutes in six playoff matchups.
The 19-year-old defenseman paced Saginaw and ranked 14th in the OHL with a career-most 151 penalty minutes and set career-highs with seven goals, eight assists and 15 points in 55 regular-season outings this year. Overall, the Atlanta Thrashers sixth choice, 125th overall, in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft tallied eight goals, 22 points and 283 penalty minutes in 133 career regular-season matchups with Saginaw, spanning three seasons (2007-10).
PASQUALE notched a 27-17-5 record with a 3.17 goals-against average and .916 save percentage in 51 contests with Saginaw during his fourth OHL season this year. His .916 save percentage shared fourth in the league while his 27 victories shared sixth. The 19-year-old netminder also backstopped Saginaw in six postseason matchups, posting a 2-4 record with a 2.33 goals-against average and .941 save percentage.
The Atlanta Thrashers fourth choice, 117th overall, in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft has amassed a 75-48-13 record, 3.11 goals-against average and .911 save percentage in 142 career OHL contests with Saginaw and the Belleville Bulls, spanning four seasons (2006-10).
In accordance with team policy, terms of the deals were not disclosed.
The Wolves return to action Wednesday night when they take on the Milwaukee Admirals in an Amtrak Rivalry game at the Allstate Arena at 7 p.m. For more information, or to purchase tickets to the game, or the first round of the 2010 Calder Cup playoffs, call 1-800-THE-WOLVES or visit chicagowolves.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 5, 2010
- Jack Combs Signs PTO With Rivermen - Peoria Rivermen
- Week Twenty Eight: Columbus Era Coming To An End - Syracuse Crunch
- Texas Stars Raise Over $21,000 For American Red Cross - Texas Stars
- Chris Vande Velde Signs ATO With The Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Playoff Races Heat Up As Season Winds Down - AHL
- Wolves Weekly Press Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Griffins Close Out 2009-10 With Wednesday And Friday Home Games - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Robbie Earl Recalled To Minnesota Wild - Houston Aeros
- Monarchs Release Nolan And Wilson - Manchester Monarchs
- Admirals Hanging On To Calder Cup Playoff Hopes In Regular Season's Final Week - Norfolk Admirals
- Admirals Look To Clinch Playoff Spot Tuesday - Milwaukee Admirals
- IceHogs Clinch Playoff Spot, Head To Texas For Final 3 Games - Rockford IceHogs
- Bernier Named AHL's Outstanding Goaltender For 2009-10 - Manchester Monarchs
- Manchester's Jonathan Bernier Named AHL's Outstanding Goaltender For - AHL
- Bulldogs First Round Playoff Tickets On Sale Now - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Western Conference Regular Season Champions Finish 2009-2010 With Three Games This Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Ducks Reassign Sharp and Bickel to Bakersfield - San Antonio Rampage
- Moose Clinch Playoff Spot In Week 27 - Manitoba Moose
- Rochester's Tyler Plante named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Columbus Recalls Right Wing Chad Kolarik - Syracuse Crunch
- First Place Sharks Swim Into Final Weekend With Atlantic Division Title In Sight - Worcester Sharks - Worcester Sharks
- Wolves Sign Trio To Amateur Tryout Contracts - Chicago Wolves
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Adam McQuaid Recalled To Boston - Providence Bruins
- Bears Record Best Regular Season in AHL History - Hershey Bears
- P-Bruins Trim Roster By Two - Providence Bruins
- Neault Pirates Chevy Score-O Winner - Portland Pirates
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.