Jack Combs Signs PTO With Rivermen
PEORIA, Ill. (April 5, 2010) - Peoria Rivermen General Manager Kevin McDonald announced today that the club has signed forward Jack Combs to a professional tryout contract. The Rivermen have released Pascal Rheaume from his PTO.
Combs, 22, just completed his rookie season with ECHL Trenton where he compiled 39 points (23g, 16a) in the final 49 games of the season. He began the season with the Rivermen ECHL affiliate, Alaska, before he was traded 11 games into the season.
The 5-foot-11, 193-pound forward played for the St. Louis Blues at the Prospects Tournament in Traverse City, Michigan over the summer. He was second, to only Aaron Palushaj, on the team in scoring with five points (two goals, three assists) in four games. He attended training camp with the Rivermen in September.
Combs racked up 175 points (74g, 101a) in his last two years of junior hockey in the Ontario Hockey League while playing for Saginaw, including a 42-goal, 100-point campaign in 2007-08. In the Spirit record book, Combs ranks second all-time in points (229) and goals (95) while topping the charts with 134 assists. He served as Saginaw's lone representative at the 2008 OHL All Star Classic and spent his first year in the OHL with Kitchener, where he contributed six points (one goal, five assists) in 59 games for the Rangers.
Rheaume appeared in one game for the Rivermen and picked up an assist in Saturday's 4-2 win over Lake Erie. He will return to the Flint Generals of the International Hockey League.
The Rivermen travel to Milwaukee for a critical game on Tuesday afternoon at 1 p.m. All games can be heard on Hippie 101.1 FM or online through www.rivermen.net. Live video is available at www.ahllive.com on a pay-per-view basis.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 5, 2010
- Jack Combs Signs PTO With Rivermen - Peoria Rivermen
- Week Twenty Eight: Columbus Era Coming To An End - Syracuse Crunch
- Texas Stars Raise Over $21,000 For American Red Cross - Texas Stars
- Chris Vande Velde Signs ATO With The Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Playoff Races Heat Up As Season Winds Down - AHL
- Wolves Weekly Press Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Griffins Close Out 2009-10 With Wednesday And Friday Home Games - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Robbie Earl Recalled To Minnesota Wild - Houston Aeros
- Monarchs Release Nolan And Wilson - Manchester Monarchs
- Admirals Hanging On To Calder Cup Playoff Hopes In Regular Season's Final Week - Norfolk Admirals
- Admirals Look To Clinch Playoff Spot Tuesday - Milwaukee Admirals
- IceHogs Clinch Playoff Spot, Head To Texas For Final 3 Games - Rockford IceHogs
- Bernier Named AHL's Outstanding Goaltender For 2009-10 - Manchester Monarchs
- Manchester's Jonathan Bernier Named AHL's Outstanding Goaltender For - AHL
- Bulldogs First Round Playoff Tickets On Sale Now - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Western Conference Regular Season Champions Finish 2009-2010 With Three Games This Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Ducks Reassign Sharp and Bickel to Bakersfield - San Antonio Rampage
- Moose Clinch Playoff Spot In Week 27 - Manitoba Moose
- Rochester's Tyler Plante named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Columbus Recalls Right Wing Chad Kolarik - Syracuse Crunch
- First Place Sharks Swim Into Final Weekend With Atlantic Division Title In Sight - Worcester Sharks - Worcester Sharks
- Wolves Sign Trio To Amateur Tryout Contracts - Chicago Wolves
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Adam McQuaid Recalled To Boston - Providence Bruins
- Bears Record Best Regular Season in AHL History - Hershey Bears
- P-Bruins Trim Roster By Two - Providence Bruins
- Neault Pirates Chevy Score-O Winner - Portland Pirates
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peoria Rivermen Stories
- Rivermen Cap Cold War on 74 with Victory over Storm
- Rivermen Dominate Quad City, Cruise to 3-1 Victory in Road Finale
- Siiro Returns to Rivermen Roster Thursday
- Rivermen Unable to Buck Bulls in Shootout Saturday
- Rivermen Battle Back in Third, Bulls Run off with Shootout Friday