Wolves Roll in Win over Western Conference Elite
Des Moines, Iowa - The Iowa Wolves (12-23) used a big second half to knock off the Oklahoma City Blue (25-10) 132-106 on Tuesday morning at Wells Fargo Arena.
Defensively, the Wolves held the Blue to just 41 points in the final two frames of play, outscoring their opponent 69-41.
With the win, Iowa halted Oklahoma City's four-game winning streak and extended its own streak to three games, matching a season-high.
The Wolves had strong guard play from the backcourt trio of Darius Johnson-Odom, Jared Terrell and C.J. Williams, finishing with 22, 25 and 23 points respectively.
As a team the Wolves finished 53.2% from the field and 48.6% (17-35) from the three-point line, nearly matching a season-high from long range (18).
Marquise Moore finished with his second double-double in as many games, tallying 15 points and 12 rebounds in a starting role for the Wolves.
NBA veteran Hakim Warrick added 15 points in 22 minutes of solid play off the bench for Iowa, finishing 6-of-8 from the floor.
Scotty Hopson put forth a solid effort for the visiting team, shooting a near-perfect 11-of-12 from the field while collecting 24 points, four rebounds and five assists.
Iowa finishes its current four-game homestand Thursday evening with a matchup against the Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario set for 7:00 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 5, 2019
- Windy City Captures Third Straight Victory, Beats Capital City 121-109 - Windy City Bulls
- Payton II Locks in Triple-Double as Vipers Win Big against Suns - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- George King Scores Career-High in Suns' Loss - Northern Arizona Suns
- Stars to Host "STEM Night" at Vivint Smart Home Arena on February 8 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Legends Acquire Returning Player Rights to Deandre Daniels - Texas Legends
- Suspended Game Between Erie BayHawks and Long Island Nets Rescheduled for March 13 - Erie BayHawks
- Suspended Game Between Erie BayHawks and Long Island Nets Rescheduled for March 13 - G League
- Suspended Game Between Long Island Nets and Erie BayHawks Rescheduled for March 13 - Long Island Nets
- Oklahoma City Goes Cold in Iowa - Oklahoma City Blue
- Austin Spurs Defeat Delaware Blue Coats 119-108 - Austin Spurs
- Wolves Roll in Win over Western Conference Elite - Iowa Wolves
- BayHawks Fall to Swarm in Matinee Match - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Cruise Past Herd - Wisconsin Herd
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.