Wolves Roll in Win over Western Conference Elite
Des Moines, Iowa - The Iowa Wolves (12-23) used a big second half to knock off the Oklahoma City Blue (25-10) 132-106 on Tuesday morning at Wells Fargo Arena.
Defensively, the Wolves held the Blue to just 41 points in the final two frames of play, outscoring their opponent 69-41.
With the win, Iowa halted Oklahoma City's four-game winning streak and extended its own streak to three games, matching a season-high.
The Wolves had strong guard play from the backcourt trio of Darius Johnson-Odom, Jared Terrell and C.J. Williams, finishing with 22, 25 and 23 points respectively.
As a team the Wolves finished 53.2% from the field and 48.6% (17-35) from the three-point line, nearly matching a season-high from long range (18).
Marquise Moore finished with his second double-double in as many games, tallying 15 points and 12 rebounds in a starting role for the Wolves.
NBA veteran Hakim Warrick added 15 points in 22 minutes of solid play off the bench for Iowa, finishing 6-of-8 from the floor.
Scotty Hopson put forth a solid effort for the visiting team, shooting a near-perfect 11-of-12 from the field while collecting 24 points, four rebounds and five assists.
Iowa finishes its current four-game homestand Thursday evening with a matchup against the Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario set for 7:00 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 5, 2019
- Windy City Captures Third Straight Victory, Beats Capital City 121-109 - Windy City Bulls
- Payton II Locks in Triple-Double as Vipers Win Big against Suns - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- George King Scores Career-High in Suns' Loss - Northern Arizona Suns
- Stars to Host "STEM Night" at Vivint Smart Home Arena on February 8 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Legends Acquire Returning Player Rights to Deandre Daniels - Texas Legends
- Suspended Game Between Erie BayHawks and Long Island Nets Rescheduled for March 13 - Erie BayHawks
- Suspended Game Between Erie BayHawks and Long Island Nets Rescheduled for March 13 - G League
- Suspended Game Between Long Island Nets and Erie BayHawks Rescheduled for March 13 - Long Island Nets
- Oklahoma City Goes Cold in Iowa - Oklahoma City Blue
- Austin Spurs Defeat Delaware Blue Coats 119-108 - Austin Spurs
- Wolves Roll in Win over Western Conference Elite - Iowa Wolves
- BayHawks Fall to Swarm in Matinee Match - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Cruise Past Herd - Wisconsin Herd
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Iowa Takes Care of Business in Home Finale against Wisconsin
- Wolves Take Down Spurs in Come-From-Behind Victory
- Road Woes Continue for Iowa in Loss to Long Island
- Johnson-Odom Breaks Wolves Single-Season Scoring Record in Road Loss to Red Claws
- Overtime Thriller Slips Away from Wolves