Legends Acquire Returning Player Rights to Deandre Daniels
FRISCO, TX - The Texas Legends have acquired the returning player rights to DeAndre Daniels in a trade with the Agua Caliente Clippers. In return, Texas sends their own 4th round pick in the 2019 NBA G League Draft.
Daniels (6-9, 196, Connecticut) was selected with the 7th pick in the 2nd round of the 2014 NBA Draft by the Toronto Raptors. As a rookie, Daniels saw action in five games in Summer League with the Raptors before joining the Perth Wildcats in the Australian NBL where he averaged 14.8 points, 7.7 rebounds, and 1.1 blocks in 30 games. The California native joined the Raptors 905 for 8 games the following season and made an appearance with Toronto in the 2016 Summer League. Daniels played 35 games in Italy in the 2016-17 season averaging 13.0 points, 6.6 rebounds, and 1.1 blocks and earning Italian Serie A2 Player of the Week. Last season, Daniels played 21 games with Agua Caliente averaging 10.1 points, 6.2 rebounds, and 1.3 blocks in 25.4 minutes.
Daniels played three seasons with the Huskies averaging 13.1 points, 6.0 rebounds, and 1.4 blocks as a junior and leading the team to a National Championship.
The Legends will host the Memphis Hustle this Saturday at 7:30pm CT. For tickets or information call 214-469-0822 or visit www.TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 5, 2019
- Windy City Captures Third Straight Victory, Beats Capital City 121-109 - Windy City Bulls
- Payton II Locks in Triple-Double as Vipers Win Big against Suns - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- George King Scores Career-High in Suns' Loss - Northern Arizona Suns
- Stars to Host "STEM Night" at Vivint Smart Home Arena on February 8 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Legends Acquire Returning Player Rights to Deandre Daniels - Texas Legends
- Suspended Game Between Erie BayHawks and Long Island Nets Rescheduled for March 13 - Erie BayHawks
- Suspended Game Between Erie BayHawks and Long Island Nets Rescheduled for March 13 - G League
- Suspended Game Between Long Island Nets and Erie BayHawks Rescheduled for March 13 - Long Island Nets
- Oklahoma City Goes Cold in Iowa - Oklahoma City Blue
- Austin Spurs Defeat Delaware Blue Coats 119-108 - Austin Spurs
- Wolves Roll in Win over Western Conference Elite - Iowa Wolves
- BayHawks Fall to Swarm in Matinee Match - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Cruise Past Herd - Wisconsin Herd
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.