Wolves Host Greyhounds and Frontenacs in Double Header Weekend
(Greater Sudbury, ON) The Sudbury Wolves are looking to build off a successful weekend where they picked up 5 of 6 points against Central Division rivals. The push for the playoff continues this Friday at 7:00pm, when the Wolves get set to host the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds in the final game of the Bell Challenge Cup before the Wolves wrap up the weekend as they host the Kingston Frontenacs. Sunday's game is set for 2:00pm.
The Wolves continue to lead the Central Division with 66 points and hold the lead by 6 points over the Barrie Colts.
The Greyhounds sit 9th in the Western Conference, 3 points back of the Erie Otters for the 8th and final playoff spot. 19-year-old Zack Trott leads the Greyhounds up front with 61 points in 59 games.
Friday's game is sponsored by Canada Life who will be on-hand with prizes and giveaways for lucky fans.
Join in on the TGIF Friday fun and take advantage of the 3-2-1 specials between 6 and 6:30pm, including $3 tall boys, $2 hot dogs and $1 popcorns.
The Kingston Frontenacs are making their one and only appearance of the season in the Nickel City this Sunday. The Frontenacs are also battling for the 8th and final playoff position in the Eastern Conference and are led by first year forward Shane Wright who has 66 points in 55 games.
Sunday's game is sponsored by P & M Kouzzina in support of Epilepsy Awareness. Fans are encouraged to wear purple to show their support. P & M Kouzzina will be on-hand with lots of prizes and giveaways throughout the game. Fans are encouraged to visit their table in the lower lobby to pick up their paper airplane for the airplane toss during the second intermission.
There are only four regular season games left so don't miss out! Tickets for both games are still available at greatersudbury.ca/tickets and sudburywolves.com.
Prior to this weekend's double-header, the Wolves will travel down Highway 69/400 to visit the Barrie Colts for the final time this season. Game time is 7:30pm. In this match-up, Wolves overager, Macauley Carson will look to break the franchise record of 301 games played in a Wolves uniform. Fans can tune into the live play-by-play on CKLU 96.7 and mixlr.com/sudburywolves.
SWSE will also be hosting a watch party this Thursday at Shoeless Joes as the Wolves visit the Colts (7:30pm start) and the Sudbury FIVE play the Halifax Hurricanes (6pm start). The fun begins at 5:30pm as there will be prizes and giveaways.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from March 2, 2020
- Wolves Host Greyhounds and Frontenacs in Double Header Weekend - Sudbury Wolves
- Firebirds' Defenseman Tyler Tucker Signs Three-Year NHL Contract with St. Louis Blues - Flint Firebirds
- Firebirds Host Owen Sound for 'Winning Wednesday' - Flint Firebirds
- OHL Announces Top Performers of the Month for February - OHL
- Navy Jerseys from Recent Seasons up for Auction - Oshawa Generals
- Brochu Sets Franchise Rookie Wins Record - London Knights
- Knights' Liam Foudy Named OHL 'On the Run' Player of the Week - OHL
- Windsor's Offensive Surge Sinks the Kingston Frontenacs - Kingston Frontenacs
- Road Win Pushes Knights Back into First in the West - London Knights
- Spitfires Dominate Kingston, Win 10-2 - Windsor Spitfires
- Robertson Scores Hat-Trick, Reaches 50 Goals in Petes' 6-1 Routing of Colts - Peterborough Petes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.