Wolves Edged by Spurs in Overtime
ORLANDO, FL - The Iowa Wolves (0-10), the NBA G League affiliate of the Minnesota Timberwolves, lost to the Austin Spurs (7-3), by a score of 104-108 in overtime tonight at AdventHealth Arena.
Iowa led from the tip, and by as many as 23 going into halftime, with a field goal percentage of 53.3 through the first two quarters. Canyon Barry led the Wolves at the half with 14 points on 5-of-5 shooting, including hitting 4-of-4 from behind the arc. Cameron Reynolds led Austin with 13 points at halftime.
Austin grabbed a slight edge in the third, scoring 30 total points to the Wolves 28 in the quarter. Iowa maintained an 87-72 lead headed into the fourth, thanks in part to an eight-point quarter for Isaiah Briscoe.
The fourth quartered turned in favor of the Spurs, thanks in part to a 16-point quarter from Robert Woodard II. Austin outscored Iowa 30 to 15, tying the game at 102-102 at the end of regulation.
Turnovers and fouls by Iowa gave Austin the edge in overtime, with the Spurs taking the game by a final score of 108-104.
Canyon Barry led all Iowa scorers with a season-high 21 points, shooting 7-for-10 overall and 5-of-7 behind the arc. Zylan Cheatham also scored a season-high 20 points, while Dakarai Tucker added his own season-high 17 points, hitting 5-of-8 three-pointers. Lindell Wigginton led the Wolves with two season-highs of his own, with 9 rebounds and 9 assists.
Robert Woodard II led the Spurs with 28 points and 17 rebounds, both season-highs for Woodard II. Three additional Spurs tallied double-figures in the win for Austin.
The Wolves will take on the Memphis Hustle this Saturday, February 27 at 6:30 p.m. CT at the HP Field House.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 25, 2021
- Wolves Edged by Spurs in Overtime - Iowa Wolves
- Scott's Big Night Not Enough for Salt Lake City Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
- Hustle Overcome 25-Point Deficit Before Fading in Final Minutes - Memphis Hustle
- Warriors Hold off Hustle and Extend Win Streak to Six, 116-111 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Fort Wayne Tops Long Island, 109-95 - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Long Island Nets Come up Short against Fort Wayne - Long Island Nets
- Porter Jr. Records First Triple-Double of G League Season in Vipers Big Win over BayHawks - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Iowa Wolves Acquire Raphiael Putney - Iowa Wolves
- Charge Acquire Pick in Trade - Canton Charge
- Lamb Joins RGV from Canton Charge - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Blue Coats Fall to Raptors 905 - Delaware Blue Coats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.