Iowa Wolves Acquire Raphiael Putney
Des Moines, Iowa - The Iowa Wolves, the NBA G League Affiliate of the Minnesota Timberwolves, announced today that the team has acquired forward Raphiael Putney from the G League player pool.
Putney (6-10, 185) has NBA G League career averages of 14.8 points and 7.2 rebounds in 26.7 minutes per game over 162 games dating back to the 2014-15 season, including four games with the Fort Wayne Mad Ants this season in Orlando. Prior to his time in the NBA G League, Putney played four seasons at the University of Massachusetts, holding career averages of 7.8 points, 4.8 rebounds and 1.2 blocks in 131 career games (86 starts).
The Iowa Wolves added Putney to round out their roster to ten active players for tonight's contest against the Austin Spurs, after Tyler Cook was signed to a 10-day contract with the Brooklyn Nets on February 24.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 25, 2021
- Wolves Edged by Spurs in Overtime - Iowa Wolves
- Scott's Big Night Not Enough for Salt Lake City Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
- Hustle Overcome 25-Point Deficit Before Fading in Final Minutes - Memphis Hustle
- Warriors Hold off Hustle and Extend Win Streak to Six, 116-111 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Fort Wayne Tops Long Island, 109-95 - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Long Island Nets Come up Short against Fort Wayne - Long Island Nets
- Porter Jr. Records First Triple-Double of G League Season in Vipers Big Win over BayHawks - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Iowa Wolves Acquire Raphiael Putney - Iowa Wolves
- Charge Acquire Pick in Trade - Canton Charge
- Lamb Joins RGV from Canton Charge - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Blue Coats Fall to Raptors 905 - Delaware Blue Coats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.