Warriors Hold off Hustle and Extend Win Streak to Six, 116-111
ORLANDO, FL - The Santa Cruz Warriors (7-3) beat the Memphis Hustle (3-7) Thursday afternoon on ESPN2, 116-111. Golden State Warriors assignment guard Jordan Poole scored a dunk with 1:30 remaining to gain a three-point advantage and the Warriors held on for their sixth-straight win.
Memphis took their first lead of the game shortly after halftime, 65-62, and quickly found a nine-point lead, their largest of the game. The Warriors trailed until midway through the fourth when Warriors guard Dusty Hannahs connected on a three-pointer to regain the lead for the Warriors, 97-94. Both teams went back and forth the final four minutes before Poole's dunk.
Santa Cruz led by as many as 25 points in the first half before the Hustle used a 22-5 run in the final five minutes of the second quarter to only trail by one point at halftime, 61-60. The Warriors had 22 assists in the first half on 24-48 FG (.500 FG).
Golden State two-way guard Nico Mannion recorded his second double-double of the season and tallied a season-high assists (12 points and 12 assists). Hannahs finished with 21 points (5-8 3FG) and five assists. Golden State assignment forward Alen Smailagic added five points and five rebounds. Santa Cruz had a season-high 33 assists and season-low 11 turnovers in Thursday's win.
Memphis guard David Stockton scored a season-high 33 points (25 points in the first half) and five assists. Guard Ahmad Caver came off the bench and added 25 points, six rebounds and four assists.
Santa Cruz will next face the Long Island Nets on February 27 at 12:30 p.m. (PST) on NBC Sports Bay Area. For more information on the Santa Cruz Warriors, visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 25, 2021
- Wolves Edged by Spurs in Overtime - Iowa Wolves
- Scott's Big Night Not Enough for Salt Lake City Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
- Hustle Overcome 25-Point Deficit Before Fading in Final Minutes - Memphis Hustle
- Warriors Hold off Hustle and Extend Win Streak to Six, 116-111 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Fort Wayne Tops Long Island, 109-95 - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Long Island Nets Come up Short against Fort Wayne - Long Island Nets
- Porter Jr. Records First Triple-Double of G League Season in Vipers Big Win over BayHawks - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Iowa Wolves Acquire Raphiael Putney - Iowa Wolves
- Charge Acquire Pick in Trade - Canton Charge
- Lamb Joins RGV from Canton Charge - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Blue Coats Fall to Raptors 905 - Delaware Blue Coats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Jordan Poole Named to All-NBA G League Third Team
- Kaiser Permanente Arena to Become Vaccination Site
- Axel Toupane Signs Two-Way Contract with Milwaukee Bucks
- Warriors, Kaiser Permanente and the Athletes' Corner Donate 50,280 Meals to Second Harvest Food Bank Santa Cruz County
- Warriors Season Ends with Loss to Magic, 108-96