Wizards Acquire James "Boo" Jackson
BISMARCK, ND, January 11, 2010 - The Dakota Wizards announced today that they have acquired forward James "Boo" Jackson in a trade with the Bakersfield Jam. In exchange for Jackson, the Jam received guard Blake Ahearn, whom Dakota acquired earlier in the day.
Jackson, a product of Eastern Michigan, has averaged 11.4 points and 5.8 rebounds this season in 18 games for the Los Angeles D-Fenders and Jam. He has scored in double figures in 11 games, recording a 21-point, 12-rebound double-double on Dec. 18, 2009 when the Jam fell to the Idaho Stampede in Bakersfield. Jackson recorded a season-high 22 points as a member of the D-Fenders in a Dec. 4, 2009 loss to the Reno Bighorns at the STAPLES Center in Los Angeles.
To make room on the roster, Dakota released forward Jimmy Binnie.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 11, 2010
- Jam Trades For Ahearn - Bakersfield Jam
- Thunderbirds Add Kris Collins To Roster - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Wizards Acquire James "Boo" Jackson - Dakota Wizards
- Armor Fill Tenth Spot On Roster - Springfield Armor
- Bighorns Return Home, Introduce Two-For-One Tuesday Ticket Deal - Reno Bighorns
- Carlos Powell Named NBA D-League Performer Of The Week - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- WNBA Tulsa Hires Experienced Sports Veteran As President - Tulsa 66ers
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Albuquerque's Carlos Powell Named Performer Of The Week - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.