Winston-Salem Dash: Game Notes (June 12 vs. Salem)
The Dash wrap up their first half home slate on Wednesday against the Salem Red Sox at BB&T Ballpark. First pitch is set for 7 p.m..
WINSTON-SALEM DASH (36-24) vs. Salem Red Sox (20-42)
RHP Kade McClure (0-0, 1.50 ERA) vs. RHP Daniel Gonzalez (1-6, 4.55 ERA)
7 p.m. - BB&T Ballpark (Winston-Salem, N.C.)
Game #61 (Home Game #32)
DASH DOMINATE TWIN BILL OPENER
Playing for the first time since last Thursday, Winston-Salem defeated the Salem Red Sox 9-3 in Tuesday's doubleheader opener at BB&T Ballpark. Following a stretch of four consecutive rainouts, the Dash showed no signs of rust, breaking a scoreless tie in the second against Red Sox starter Jhonathan Diaz. With a runner on second, Carlos Perez smacked a two-run homer to left. Winston added three more runs in the third and four in the fourth. Jordan Cavanerio earned the win by tossing six innings and allowing three runs.
DASH WINS 7TH STRAIGHT IN FINALE
Thanks to nine hits, the Dash cruised to a 7-2 victory over the Red Sox in the second game of a doubleheader on Tuesday night at BB&T Ballpark. JJ Muno, Steele Walker and Mitch Roman combined for nine hits and four runs in the win, including two runs and three hits in the first. Codi Heuer earned the win in relief for the Dash with two innings of work.
SIX DASH PLAYERS NAMED ALL-STARS
It was announced on Tuesday that six Dash players earned a nod to the Carolina League All-Star Game that will take place on Tuesday, June 18, at 7:15 p.m. from Nymeo Field at Harry Grove Stadium, the home of the Frederick Keys. Here are the six All-Stars:
INF Jameson Fisher: .386 OBP, .440 SLG
RHP Will Kincanon: 2.16 ERA in 18 outings
RHP Luis Ledo: 2.59 ERA, seven saves
INF Nick Madrigal: .272 AVG, 17 stolen bases
LHP John Parke: 3-2, 3.71 ERA in 11 starts
INF Zach Remillard: .305 AVG, 65 hits
PLAYING THEIR BEST BASEBALL
Despite winning 12 out of their last 13 contests, Winston has been eliminated from postseason contention in the first half. Winston-Salem has been on a great stretch since May 16 at Myrtle Beach, when the club entered their game at TicketReturn.Com Field at Pelicans Ballpark with an 18-20 record. Since that contest, they are 18-4, while outscoring opponents 133-68.
THE FIRST-ROUNDER HAS MOVED UP
The White Sox announced that Nick Madrigal, who was selected with the fourth overall pick in last year's draft out of Oregon State University, was promoted to the Double-A Birmingham Barons last Thursday. Madrigal, the number four overall prospect in the White Sox system and 43rd-best overall prospect per MLB Pipeline, hit two home runs and 10 doubles while driving in 27 runs in 49 games with Winston-Salem this season. The former Beavers star also racked up 17 stolen bases, which is tied for third-best in the Carolina League. Upon his departure, Madrigal's 2.8% strikeout rate led all of affiliated professional baseball. The second baseman struck out just six times in 218 plate appearances for Winston-Salem.
DESERVES ALL THE PRAISE
Along with leading the team in batting average (.305), Zach Remillard is second in wRC+ (131) and OPS (.799). Between April 26-June 2, Remillard posted a 31-game on-base streak. Overall in May, Remillard recorded a .375/.471/.545 batting line over 24 games. Before being drafted, Remillard was an integral part of the 2016 College World Series Champion Coastal Carolina Chanticleers, leading the team with 19 homers.
MCCLURE SET TO MAKE SECOND START
Right-hander Kade McClure will make his second start for Winston-Salem on Wednesday against Salem. In his first High-A start on June 2, McClure allowed just one run in six innings of work against the Fayetteville Woodpeckers, earning a no-decision. In 10 starts with Low-A Kannapolis, McClure posted a 3.09 ERA with 50 strikeouts against 12 walks across 55.1 innings of work. The 6'7" righty was selected by the White Sox in the sixth round of the 2017 MLB Draft out of the University of Louisville.
Following Wednesday's game, the Dash wrap up the first half with a four-game set against the Carolina Mudcats...Winston took three out of four versus Carolina at home from May 29-June 1.
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from June 12, 2019
- Woodpeckers Sweep Myrtle Beach at Segra Stadium - Fayetteville Woodpeckers
- Collins Powers Hillcats to Series Win - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Four Run Eighth Dooms Keys - Frederick Keys
- King Dazzles, Fires Complete Game For First Carolina League Win - Down East Wood Ducks
- Wilmington Drops Second Straight for First Time in More Than a Month - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Fayetteville Blanks Birds in Series Finale - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- King Reigns as P-Nats Fall to Wood Ducks - Potomac Nationals
- Dash's Series Finale against Salem Canceled on Wednesday - Winston-Salem Dash
- Perez Added to CL North All-Star Roster - Frederick Keys
- June 12 - Carolina Mudcats Game Information - Carolina Mudcats
- Winston-Salem Dash: Game Notes (June 12 vs. Salem) - Winston-Salem Dash
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans Game Notes: June 12 at Fayetteville - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- June 12 Game Information - Down East Wood Ducks
- Mudcats and Keys Split Tuesday Doubleheader - Carolina Mudcats
- Dash Win Seventh Straight in Twin Bill Finale - Winston-Salem Dash
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Winston-Salem Dash Stories
- Oh Say, Can You Sing? Winston-Salem Journal National Anthem Tryouts Set for March 7
- Winston-Salem Dash to Host "Dash the Salem Parkway" Pop-Up Party
- BB&T Ballpark to Host a Job Fair on Saturday, February 22
- Diamond in the Rough Program Returns for 2020
- White Sox Invite 11 Dash Alumni to Spring Training