Wings Weekly: Military Appreciation Jerseys Raise over $8,800
Kalamazoo, MI. - The K-Wings kick off a three-game week on Wednesday evening with a return trip to Cincinnati. Kalamazoo returns home for the lone home game of the week on Friday, hosting the Komets.
Sat., Nov. 17 - Kalamazoo at Cincinnati, L, 2-1
Wed., Nov. 21 - Kalamazoo at Cincinnati, 7:35 pm
Fri., Nov. 23 - Kalamazoo vs Fort Wayne, 7:30 pm
Sat., Nov. 24 - Kalamazoo at Indy, 7:35 pm
The Thanksgiving holiday is a busy time for the K-Wings as the team prepares for a three-game week, with the lone home game coming on Friday, Nov. 21 against Fort Wayne. Friday's game is Salute to Service/Super Troopers Night at Wings Event Center.
The K-Wings special military appreciation jerseys, auctioned off following the game on Nov. 10, raised just over $8,800 for Talons Out Honor Flight, the organization announced on Monday afternoon. It was the second jersey auction of the season for the K-Wings. The proceeds of $8,802.80 will be presented to Talons Out Honor Flight at a later date.
Last Thursday's game against the Toledo Walleye that was cancelled due to wintery conditions in Toledo has been rescheduled. The teams will now face off on January 31 at the Huntington Center. Puck drop will remain at 10:30 am.
Short-Handed? No Problem:
Chris Collins short-handed goal on Saturday night was the rookie's second of the season. He is now tied for the most short-handed goals among active ECHL players. Through the first 12 games, Collins has as many or more short-handed tallies as 13 ECHL teams. In addition it was his fifth short-handed point of the season, the most among any player.
Central Division Standings:
1. Toledo, (11-1-1-0), 23 pts
2. Cincinnati, (10-3-2-0),22 pts
3. Indy, (7-7-0-0), 14 pts
4. Wheeling, (5-6-1-0), 11 pts
5. Ft. Wayne, (5-8-0-0), 10 pts
6. Kalamazoo, (4-7-0-1) 9 pts
1. Justin Taylor, F, 8g-2a-11pts
2. Chris Collins, F, 4g-5a-9pts
3. Kyle Thomas, F, 2g-7a-9pts
4. Kyle Blaney, F, 3g-3a-6pts
Kalamazoo Wings single game and season tickets are available now! More information can be gathered at www.kwings.com/seasontickets.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 19, 2018
- 'Blades Weekly: Season-High 7-Game Road Trip Finishes against Norfolk - Florida Everblades
- Wallin, St-Amant to Hartford, Ronning to Maine - Maine Mariners
- Grizzlies Add Josh Henke to Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspension - ECHL
- DeSalvo, Korostelev Return to Cleveland - Jacksonville IceMen
- ECHL Transactions - November 19 - ECHL
- Thunder Weekly, November 19th - Wichita Thunder
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, November 19 - Wheeling Nailers
- Steelheads Weekly - Idaho Steelheads
- Stingrays Weekly Report - November 19 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Walleye School Day Game Rescheduled - Toledo Walleye
- Everblades Acquire Shane Walsh in Trade with Reading - Florida Everblades
- Forney and Sampair Recalled by AHL Teams - Tulsa Oilers
- Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
- Wings Weekly: Military Appreciation Jerseys Raise over $8,800 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Continues 6 Game Homestand this Wednesday - Utah Grizzlies
- Komets Host Busy Holiday Weekend; Beast Visit Thanksgiving Night, Cyclones Here Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Jonne Tammela Reassigned to Solar Bears by Lightning - Orlando Solar Bears
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 6 - Indy Fuel
- Mavs Monday - November 19 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - November 19 - Tulsa Oilers
- Mariners Host Teddy Bear Toss this Saturday - Maine Mariners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.