Whitecaps FC Set to Return to BC Place on August 21
VANCOUVER, BC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC are coming back to BC Place.
The club confirmed on Friday that the 'Caps will make their long-awaited return to their home stadium, with supporters, on Saturday, August 21. That match against Western Conference foes Los Angeles FC will mark the first time in 539 days the 'Caps faithful will be able to support their team at BC Place. The club's second home game at BC Place will be against Real Salt Lake on Sunday, August 29. Both matches are set to kick off at 7 p.m. PT.
MLS teams will continue to abide by the cross-border public health protocols enacted on July 5 by the Canadian government, which are required of all individuals entering the country. In accordance with the national protocols, fully-vaccinated players and staff are not subject to a quarantine period, however, all individuals must conduct molecular COVID-19 testing prior to travel and upon arrival in Canada.
The announcement comes as MLS remains in communication with the Canadian government regarding plans for MLS Canadian teams to host their remaining home matches in Canada pursuant to a National Interest Exemption.
All three Canadian teams will be permitted to have fans and media in attendance at matches, in compliance with all national and regional guidelines.
"We are very, very excited to finally return home and play in front of our amazing supporters at BC Place," said Axel Schuster, Whitecaps FC sporting director and chief executive officer. "A number of our players haven't experienced the joy of playing in Vancouver with fans, so this will be a special moment. We would like to extend a big thank you to BC Place, the government, the league, and all of our partners for working closely with us to put in the safest measures possible."
Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2021 ticket FAQ
Next week, season ticket members and pack holders will receive details outlining their priority seating and an exclusive purchase window for tickets. Single match tickets will then go on sale following the window for members. There are also a limited number of Kickoff Packs, which includes the first three matches back at BC Place for only $99.90.
Canadian clubs receive approval for home matches in August
Season ticket members will receive priority seating - more information next week
Saturday, August 21 vs. LAFC will be the first home game at BC Place with fans since February 29, 2020
VWFC were out of market for the final 12 games of 2020 and the first 19 games of 2021
Also announced earlier this week, the club was able to work with Austin FC and BC Place to reschedule the 'Caps home match on Wednesday, July 28 to Saturday, September 4. Following the match against Minnesota United on July 31, Vancouver will return to Canada for training before three consecutive road matches to start August. The club has also moved the home match against Real Salt Lake from Saturday, August 28 to Sunday, August 29.
For information on fan experience and new safety measures at BC Place, visit whitecapsfc.com/matchday.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 23, 2021
- LAFC Takes on the Vancouver Whitecaps Tomorrow, July 24 at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Honors Legacy of Seattle Soccer Icon Jimmy Gabriel at this Sunday's Heritage-Themed Match - Seattle Sounders FC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Columbus Crew - Atlanta United FC
- Neville, Chapman: Ã¢ÂÂWe Have to Fight for the FansÃ¢ÂÂÃÂ - Inter Miami CF
- Raúl Ruidíaz Voted MLS Player of the Week - Seattle Sounders FC
- Seattle Sounders FC Forward Raúl Ruidíaz Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 14 - MLS
- Minnesota United FC vs. Portland Timbers - Minnesota United FC
- Columbus Crew Travels to Face Atlanta United on Saturday to Begin Two-Match Road Stretch - Columbus Crew SC
- Preview: Rapids Visit Real Salt Lake in First Rocky Mountain Cup Clash of 2021 - Colorado Rapids
- Toronto FC to Play August Home Matches at Bmo Field - Toronto FC
- Whitecaps FC Set to Return to BC Place on August 21 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- CF Montréal Will Play at Stade Saputo in August - Club de Foot Montreal
- MLS Canadian Clubs to Host August Matches in Canada - MLS
- Atlanta United terminates Fernando Meza's contract - Atlanta United FC
- Inter Miami CF to Host the Philadelphia Union on SundayÃÂ - Inter Miami CF
- Sporting and Seattle Set for Sunday Showdown - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Welcomes Rocky Mountain Rival Colorado Rapids - Real Salt Lake
- Week 14: Abubakar Named to MLS Team of the Week - Colorado Rapids
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Close Two-Game Road Trip in San Jose - Houston Dynamo FC
- Rocky Mountain Cup Keys: Enjoy the Ball and Fight - Colorado Rapids
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Hosts Rival FC Cincinnati at Nissan Stadium this Saturday - Nashville SC
- Charlotte FC Introduces Head Coach Miguel Ángel Ramírez at Press Conference in Bank of America Stadium - Charlotte FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Whitecaps FC Stories
- Maxime Crépeau makes dramatic penalty kick save to preserve crucial win
- Whitecaps FC Trade International Roster Slot to LAFC for $50,000 in 2022 General Allocation Money
- Whitecaps FC to Host Frontline Heroes Appreciation Night, Presented by BMO
- 'Caps secure valuable road point against 3rd place Rapids
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Now Required at Whitecaps FC Home Matches